PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Sero users dont be fooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by specv View Post
What about Old SERO plans that were converted to grandfathered F&F 500 plans?

I had a SERO $29.99 plan with my corp 25% discount. When I was switched to the new system I lost my SERO plan and got a F&F 500 with free data, text, m2m, N&W@6 and FIMF for $29.99 and kept my 25% discount. I know others have gotten the same. The question is would this plan qualify for a Android phone because its not a SERO plan but I think it doesnt meet the other minimum requirements.
You must not be following the thread, that plan you just mentioned will not work. You must have a SEP (simply everything plan) to activate an android. The plan You named is a f&f plan, so THAT PLAN WILL NOT WORK!
Google is the next skynet
Old 04-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldwn02 View Post
Yea, that's wierd that it show it like that. If it went through that would have been super sweet. Sorry to rain on your parade though.
No, actually, you saved me from making a big mistake of dropping my SERO plan for something that wouldn't have worked out. I should click your thanks button.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F

demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by specv View Post
What about Old SERO plans that were converted to grandfathered F&F 500 plans?

I had a SERO $29.99 plan with my corp 25% discount. When I was switched to the new system I lost my SERO plan and got a F&F 500 with free data, text, m2m, N&W@6 and FIMF for $29.99 and kept my 25% discount. I know others have gotten the same. The question is would this plan qualify for a Android phone because its not a SERO plan but I think it doesnt meet the other minimum requirements.

the plan you are refering to "F&F 500" is the 29.99 SERO plan its just named as "F&F 500" in the sprint billing system
Old 04-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolasko View Post
the plan you are refering to "F&F 500" is the 29.99 SERO plan its just named as "F&F 500" in the sprint billing system

does a Free and Clear plan count as SERO? I assume this plan won't work either on Android.

BTW sprint customer care just emailed me saying they dont have a list of compatible plans yet for the EVO.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool2269 View Post
does a Free and Clear plan count as SERO? I assume this plan won't work either on Android.

BTW sprint customer care just emailed me saying they dont have a list of compatible plans yet for the EVO.
If you have been on the same plan for more than 2 years it won't work with the EVO. You need a current plan to use the EVO.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
If you have been on the same plan for more than 2 years it won't work with the EVO. You need a current plan to use the EVO.
AGREED!

Seeing that ALL smartphones, besides WinMo 6.5 phones, require an "Everything Data" plan, this one definitely won't be any different. When the Instink first came out a few people were able to get it activated on old F&F and Sero plans, but after two months Sprint automatically corrected the problem and changed their plans to a compatible one.

Since Winmo is dying and being re-encarnated as WP7, SERO users will have NO choice but to drop their plan and get the "Everything Data" or the "New" Sero for $59.99. That is, unless, you want to be stuck with a TP2 for the rest of your Sprint career. I know I don't, but to each his/her own.

Now, whether or not WP7 phones will require the new plans? I don't really think it matters since those phone will probably not do so well.

Can we put this to rest now please?
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G