PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apple to ITC Stop all HTC Sales

Apple is funny... http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20001424-260.html I cant find the one where apple was sued for stealing the video rendering technology on the iphone I few years back... they end up paying a lots of money...
Old 04-04-2010, 06:05 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy
I think you are confused with the terminology. Windows Mobile is different than Windows 7 Phone Series....

Windows Mobile refers to the current OS for mobile phones from Microsoft. The new Windows Phone 7 Series is a totally new and a total break from the old Windows Mobile. It's a bit confusing but hopefully that clears things up for you.
Well, I guess I was confused! I knew they were 2 different platforms, M$ is now trying to bring all of their multimedia products together........just like Sony......and they're bringing out Windows Phone 7 so people can easily sync their phones with the 360 and all that!

Sony has the PS3, along with the PSP GO!, which can act as a cell phone if you have skype or yahoo messenger on it, and can be linked to the PS3....or their laptops with ease! Files can be transfered and they can interact without blinking.....along with other Sony products like their cell phones and digital cameras!

I already knew about WP7 being different from WM but I just kinda ignored it because WM is pretty whack when its stock....and even WM custom roms still have memory issues! From what I see, M$ is just gonna wait it out...until the main people get their stuff out there......than copy them and try to make it better and put it on their label!

Well, between me running a custom rom and playing with the Nexus One........I would definitely have to ditch my TP2 when the EVO drops! My only question is my contacts?!
I use PimBackup to keep my contacts and appointments......is there a program similar to PimBackup for Android......or am I just screwed and I have to input them in by hand?!

I really don't think I will be flashing roms on the EVO but than again.......I don't know!

Last edited by radar369; 04-04-2010 at 06:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
Well, I guess I was confused! I knew they were 2 different platforms, M$ is now trying to bring all of their multimedia products together........just like Sony......and they're bringing out Windows Phone 7 so people can easily sync their phones with the 360 and all that!

Sony has the PS3, along with the PSP GO!, which can act as a cell phone if you have skype or yahoo messenger on it, and can be linked to the PS3....or their laptops with ease! Files can be transfered and they can interact without blinking.....along with other Sony products like their cell phones and digital cameras!

I already knew about WP7 being different from WM but I just kinda ignored it because WM is pretty whack when its stock....and even WM custom roms still have memory issues! From what I see, M$ is just gonna wait it out...until the main people get their stuff out there......than copy them and try to make it better and put it on their label!

Well, between me running a custom rom and playing with the Nexus One........I would definitely have to ditch my TP2 when the EVO drops! My only question is my contacts?!
I use PimBackup to keep my contacts and appointments......is there a program similar to PimBackup for Android......or am I just screwed and I have to input them in by hand?!

I really don't think I will be flashing roms on the EVO but than again.......I don't know!
You can use google sync on your tp2, then when you get the evo and sign into your gmail, all your contacts will be put in automatically. You don't even have to do anything.

Sponsored by Kools.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:43 AM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart
You can use google sync on your tp2, then when you get the evo and sign into your gmail, all your contacts will be put in automatically. You don't even have to do anything.
WHEW! If I could thank you more than once I would right now! That was a LIFE SAVER! So I guess this sim card is useless too huh?! LMAO!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:49 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
WHEW! If I could thank you more than once I would right now! That was a LIFE SAVER! So I guess this sim card is useless too huh?! LMAO!
The SIM card will work..eventually...for now its just preventing the CDMA Data from working..but it does work on GSM version for connection..not sure if you can backup to SIM card on Android, haven't tried...maybe you can..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-06-2010, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!
Carrier: SPRINT

wbchristmas is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
Can't you just BT your contacts over from phone to phone?
Old 04-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbchristmas View Post
I always do that as a last resort because many times, especially with smartphones, bluetooth won't play nice across platforms.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbchristmas View Post
I don't even think I've ever attempted that before. How the heck do you do that? Is it something that is normally explained in the manual? I wouldn't mind doing that, but since I've never tried, I'd rather not mess things up.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:43 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I'm running the XDANDROID port on my TP2 and syncing my stuff was simple as pie. I just used the Active Sync program to sync with google with my gmail account. When I signed into my google account via Android, all my appointments and contacts were there. Real easy.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G