PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   This thing can't come soon enough! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116585)

davenukem 04-01-2010 10:53 AM

This thing can't come soon enough!

Going to be honest, i'm dying here. Every day I come home and google HTC EVO 4g, hoping that a specific date is coming.

From what I understand, May is going to be the preorder month (anybody actually KNOW this or is this speculation) at Best-Buy. I intend to do it as soon as it becomes available to do so.

Also, I'm going to be coming from the Pre, i saw the pinch in sense 2.1 to show all screens but does this work for apps as well??? Just curious, if so the multi tasking of android would rival that of the Pre.

So is anybody in the same boat as me, dying for this phone!?!?!?!?!?

P.S. I feel Sprint could totally milk this. Maybe release daily videos up to a specified release date to build help. Something along the lines of "Evolving with the Evo" which shows a guy using the Evo for a ton of different every day tasks. Would help the phone addicts like me!

Krazy4Real 04-01-2010 11:09 AM

Re: This thing can't come soon enough!

I'm in the same boat. I cannot wait for this phone to be released. I'm still rocking the original touch. Solid phone, but it's definitely showing its age. The word is that it is going to be released the first week of June, which would make sense with a May preorder. Only time will tell.

drksilenc 04-01-2010 11:11 AM

uhhh i have 400 in the bank waiting and i have my premier upgrade waiting aswell

rainfreak 04-01-2010 11:47 AM

I already removed my wife's extra kidney (she wasn't using it anyway) and am meeting a guy tonight to sell it for $500... unless someone here can get me any more chedda for the deal.

darren.wlsn1 04-01-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 1674329)
I already remoed my wife's extra kidney and am meeting a guy tonight to sell it for $500...

lol, great idea plus my girls got a sister than has a''extra'''one also.

gTen 04-01-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

I already removed my wife's extra kidney (she wasn't using it anyway) and am meeting a guy tonight to sell it for $500... unless someone here can get me any more chedda for the deal.

Don't things like this belong in bargain trader section..plus we need pictures and blood type and etc..oh and condition...lol

elephant007 04-01-2010 12:28 PM

Well I'm going to wait until I'm eligible for an upgrade in Jan, unbeknownst to me I'm eligible for a yearly upgrade :)
and I just got my Moment!! HA HA

Hopefully by that time there will be a drop in price too

Rain how dare you cut into your wife to get a kidney, don't you have a kid to sell instead? HA HA

brownhornet 04-01-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Is she a smoker? just askin.....:evil4:

eman 04-01-2010 01:05 PM

How many threads we will see started that will be about not being able to wait for this device?

tokuzumi 04-01-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 1674471)
How many threads we will see started that will be about not being able to wait for this device?

All of them.

To the OP: The pinch to zoom on the home screen is just to see all 7 home screens. It's not like the open programs, or "cards" in the WebOS. I'm assuming you will hold down the Home button, and you will see your other open and/or recently run programs.