PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Oh my look at the size of it.
Way too big for my taste 7 5.11%
Very large but I can accomodate it, in return for what it can do. 46 33.58%
Size is just the right fit for me! 51 37.23%
Roflmao, Ive yet to see one "too big" for me. 33 24.09%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 03:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Size vs Features

akayareal u think its safe. i have had them fall off even the good body glove ones drectly from sprint. on my leather belt
Old 04-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumblondewalkin View Post
I've heard about this issue but I would really like to see a glass screen being broken by someone's thigh...
I had a dude come in to my store with a motorola slvr (old phone, but its a similar scenario) and, earlier that day, he was wearing sweat pants with the phone in his pocket and he squated down for something and the phone snapped completely in half.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
I had a dude come in to my store with a motorola slvr (old phone, but its a similar scenario) and, earlier that day, he was wearing sweat pants with the phone in his pocket and he squated down for something and the phone snapped completely in half.
I would have love to have seen that. I would think the sweatpants would have had to be tight....either that dude was fat, or he was wearing some chick sweatpants
Old 04-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
I would have love to have seen that. I would think the sweatpants would have had to be tight....either that dude was fat, or he was wearing some chick sweatpants
I know he wasn't fat, but i would have felt weird asking him how he likes to wear his sweatpants.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

myriam is just getting started

I did a size comparison between the EVO and the Nexus One and the EVO is only 2 milimeters taller and 6 milimeters wider. Not a big difference.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

my only gripe is i think they could of used a higher resolution to make more use of screen space. the TP2 has the same resolution as the Evo, and its screen is 1 inch smaller..personally would kick ass if the Evo had a 800x600 or better res.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - CDMA

mmmdieselfumes is just getting started

Well me personally, what with my "nut huggers" or WRANGLERS as I refer to them, I couldn't ever fit my old iphone in em, let alone a huge honkin phone with a 4.3" screen. Hell, I still can't even fit my diamond in em, and it's smaller than the iphone!
Old 04-15-2010, 02:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
I don't know what the heck it means, cuz I'm not really familiar with Android OS, yet (I've had a WinMo phone the past 4 years).

I just read this article saying that they noticed something in the developers code mentioning the EVO 4G including Froyo. I know this is short for Frozen Yogurt and from what I've read, it has something to do with allowing the phone to run smoother, but maybe someone with more knowledge can explain it:

http://droidedup.com/2010/03/htc-evo-coming-with-froyo/
FroYo is the codename for the next version of Android (likely 2.2). The current 2.1 release is named Eclair. 1.6 was donut, and 1.5 cupcake.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Artanis is keeping up the good workArtanis is keeping up the good work

I am a fat guy and My touch Pro 2 is hardly ever in my pocket. Speaking as a fat guy in my pocket can get uncomfortable in small(normi) chairs.

I went on ebay a while back and bought a bunch of thin black lanyards to strap to my TP2 about six inches and i wear it off the wrist. gay i know but its just more convenient that way. i'm always online or messaging and this way its always at my fingertips. for times when i am not on it I have found that simply placing it on a table in front of me is fine. Its a piece of eye candy anyways and i feel the EVO will be More so.

It has kinda become like a dagger i keep stapped to my hand. An extension of my arm. A ninja at the ready. Yeah im "that" guy.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

For those of you that were looking for an Android phone with a Qwerty keyboard, looks like AT&T already has plans to release one
http://www.phonedog.com/2010/04/27/m...droid-buttons/

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G