PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   No landscape support (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116387)

dumblondewalkin 03-30-2010 11:58 PM

No landscape support

Does anyone have a problem with this? I just feel that if you have the phone on a desk with the kickstand out, going back to the home screen would be annoying because there isn't landscape for it. I feel like I shouldn't HAVE to hold be holding it to view it properly...

Can roms fix this and still support that version of sense?

Yibrushn 03-31-2010 02:41 AM

Re: No landscape support

Nope custom roms can't fix it until they release an adroid phone with 800x480 resolution with a keyboard.

drksilenc 03-31-2010 08:11 AM

u mean the n1? thats the rez its runnin at

Sprintdaddy 03-31-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drksilenc (Post 1671637)
u mean the n1? thats the rez its runnin at

With a keyboard, the N1 does not have a hard keyboard.

tokuzumi 03-31-2010 09:35 AM

The droid doesn't rotate the home screen if you tilt it on its side. You have to slide out the keyboard. Screen orientation is on an app by app basis.

|Jason8| 03-31-2010 09:37 AM

Remove Sense and you can get the rotating homescreen. Keep Sense, and you're stuck in portrait. Thank HTC for that. Although that's just like any other non-QWERTY phone that HTC's released.

tokuzumi 03-31-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Jason8| (Post 1671743)
Remove Sense and you can get the rotating homescreen. Keep Sense, and you're stuck in portrait. Thank HTC for that. Although that's just like any other non-QWERTY phone that HTC's released.

One, there are no Android Sense devices with a slide out keyboard. Two, vanilla android does not rotate the home screen on non-keyboard devices. Just tilt a MyTouch for proof of that. The droid does not rotate the home screen unless you slide out the keyboard. Same with the G1. So, it's not an HTC issue.

drksilenc 03-31-2010 10:37 AM

maybe you could get a piece of software that could do that.

rainfreak 03-31-2010 10:48 AM

Take a few minutes and look around the WinMo forums and you will see that there are members of PPCG and XDA that work on getting Sense to work in landscape, it just takes them some time to get it done. Hopefully we will get the same results on this phone, as well.

But to be honest, I will be happy with the EVO whether I can make the home screen go to landscape or not. Because the apps that I regularly use (Email/SMS/MMS and Internet browsers) will already go to landscape, I have all that I need.

brownhornet 03-31-2010 11:56 AM

Dont really care personally