PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

dumblondewalkin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No landscape support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Take a few minutes and look around the WinMo forums and you will see that there are members of PPCG and XDA that work on getting Sense to work in landscape, it just takes them some time to get it done. Hopefully we will get the same results on this phone, as well.

But to be honest, I will be happy with the EVO whether I can make the home screen go to landscape or not. Because the apps that I regularly use (Email/SMS/MMS and Internet browsers) will already go to landscape, I have all that I need.
Well I'm fine with it too, but watching the androidcentral video with the HTC representative saying that they don't support landscape unless there is a keyboard was just disappointing. It has hardware (the kickstand) that emulates a keyboard (as far as keeping it on its side) and I just wish it could have landscape :/
Old 03-31-2010, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No landscape support

The kick stand is intended in their minds to be used for multimedia. I agree it would be nice to keep it running in landscape like that though but it's not a deal breaker by any means

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G