PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 08:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is the Deal with the Everything Plans and Android Phones?

I am looking to get the Evo when it is released but have a question about the plan I will need. I am on a shared plan for $69.99 that I have had for years now with my wife. We both have unlimited internet data and pay $5 for one account and $7.50 for the other. Will I still be forced to change my current plan because as I understood it you just needed unlimited data.

So does anyone know if they would make me change my plan as the cheapest everything data plan is a lot more money then what I am paying now.

I have my TP2 on sale right now and have an offer pending but wanted to get the scoop before I go ahaead and sell. Might have a hard time convincing the wife to boost our plan up when the Evo is released as we have a baby due this summer.....

Any insite would be great!
Old 03-30-2010, 09:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

AsItLies is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-i900/1.0 Opera 9.5)

afraid to say but it sounds like you will need to change. the sero plans also have unlimited data, but no go for them too.

why u may ask? really its simple, money. sprint has enticed customers with cheaper plans but there has never been a guarantee u could put the latest and greatest phones on them.

they still have the cheapest plans overall, and id point out the tp2 is not a bad phone at all...

good luck with yer choice.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Re: What is the Deal with the Everything Plans and Android Phones?

Everything is pointing to you needing one of the Simply Everything plans. Other Sprint Android phones require this as well. Same with WebOS, and the Instinct series of phones.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:05 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

You will more than likely need to upgrade to the lowest Everything Data Family which is 1500 mins @ $129.99 a month. Unfortunately it looks like most carriers are moving to similar plans for PDA users. You might check onling the Sprint site to see if you qualify for a discount through your employer.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:46 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
You will more than likely need to upgrade to the lowest Everything Data Family which is 1500 mins @ $129.99 a month. Unfortunately it looks like most carriers are moving to similar plans for PDA users. You might check onling the Sprint site to see if you qualify for a discount through your employer.
I already have an 18% discount on my account so there will still be a big difference in price. Right now I am paying around $90 for the 2 lines before discounts.

Big decision now. Do I stay with the TP2 and wait for the completed Android conversion or fight with the wife when the Evo is released!

GGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 03-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work

i say fight with the wife... lol you pay the bills or your wife does?
Old 03-30-2010, 12:55 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

These Sprint reps are trying to get it twisted. My bro's phone is an HTC touch. He has unlimited data and all for about $49.99. The rep said my Bro cannot use that plan for the Hero coz the unlimited internet is a mobile internet. Not a real desktop computer internet. I said what? Opera mobile can go anywhere a desktop can go and skyfire will even render flash that even the Hero could not. She said bla bla bla. it's not the real internet, I gotta get this plan. Good thing she deduct a 10 bucks reoccuring fee for the Hero plan, plus my Bro get's a little upgrade which is any mobile anytime time. It's still good coz we have a 25% discount and my bro will just add about 7 bucks a month.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 03-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I already have an 18% discount on my account so there will still be a big difference in price. Right now I am paying around $90 for the 2 lines before discounts.

Big decision now. Do I stay with the TP2 and wait for the completed Android conversion or fight with the wife when the Evo is released!

GGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
It's not the greatest deal for only 2 ppl but if you entice some more fam members on your plan it turns into a great deal! extra lines are $20 each and if you don't talk a lot 1500 is enough. so your share split of ((190-18%)/5)*2 is $62.32 of course there are fees and stuff. I have my parents wife and sis and it's an amazing bargain
Old 03-30-2010, 01:48 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibrushn View Post
It's not the greatest deal for only 2 ppl but if you entice some more fam members on your plan it turns into a great deal! extra lines are $20 each and if you don't talk a lot 1500 is enough. so your share split of ((190-18%)/5)*2 is $62.32 of course there are fees and stuff. I have my parents wife and sis and it's an amazing bargain
It is not the best plan but is still a lot better then the everything plan at 129.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work

also u have to think of it this way any mobile anytime and no roaming... who do most people call... cell phones so it wouldnt be a problem to do that

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G