PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   What is the Deal with the Everything Plans and Android Phones? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116292)

eman 03-30-2010 08:23 AM

What is the Deal with the Everything Plans and Android Phones?

I am looking to get the Evo when it is released but have a question about the plan I will need. I am on a shared plan for $69.99 that I have had for years now with my wife. We both have unlimited internet data and pay $5 for one account and $7.50 for the other. Will I still be forced to change my current plan because as I understood it you just needed unlimited data.

So does anyone know if they would make me change my plan as the cheapest everything data plan is a lot more money then what I am paying now.

I have my TP2 on sale right now and have an offer pending but wanted to get the scoop before I go ahaead and sell. Might have a hard time convincing the wife to boost our plan up when the Evo is released as we have a baby due this summer.....

Any insite would be great!

AsItLies 03-30-2010 09:24 AM

Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-i900/1.0 Opera 9.5)

afraid to say but it sounds like you will need to change. the sero plans also have unlimited data, but no go for them too.

why u may ask? really its simple, money. sprint has enticed customers with cheaper plans but there has never been a guarantee u could put the latest and greatest phones on them.

they still have the cheapest plans overall, and id point out the tp2 is not a bad phone at all...

good luck with yer choice.

tokuzumi 03-30-2010 09:28 AM

Re: What is the Deal with the Everything Plans and Android Phones?

Everything is pointing to you needing one of the Simply Everything plans. Other Sprint Android phones require this as well. Same with WebOS, and the Instinct series of phones.

sanmanc 03-30-2010 10:05 AM

You will more than likely need to upgrade to the lowest Everything Data Family which is 1500 mins @ $129.99 a month. Unfortunately it looks like most carriers are moving to similar plans for PDA users. You might check onling the Sprint site to see if you qualify for a discount through your employer.

eman 03-30-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanmanc (Post 1669400)
You will more than likely need to upgrade to the lowest Everything Data Family which is 1500 mins @ $129.99 a month. Unfortunately it looks like most carriers are moving to similar plans for PDA users. You might check onling the Sprint site to see if you qualify for a discount through your employer.

I already have an 18% discount on my account so there will still be a big difference in price. Right now I am paying around $90 for the 2 lines before discounts.

Big decision now. Do I stay with the TP2 and wait for the completed Android conversion or fight with the wife when the Evo is released!

GGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rigo 03-30-2010 12:06 PM

i say fight with the wife... lol you pay the bills or your wife does?

jethro_static 03-30-2010 12:55 PM

These Sprint reps are trying to get it twisted. My bro's phone is an HTC touch. He has unlimited data and all for about $49.99. The rep said my Bro cannot use that plan for the Hero coz the unlimited internet is a mobile internet. Not a real desktop computer internet. I said what? Opera mobile can go anywhere a desktop can go and skyfire will even render flash that even the Hero could not. She said bla bla bla. it's not the real internet, I gotta get this plan. Good thing she deduct a 10 bucks reoccuring fee for the Hero plan, plus my Bro get's a little upgrade which is any mobile anytime time. It's still good coz we have a 25% discount and my bro will just add about 7 bucks a month.

Yibrushn 03-30-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 1669493)
I already have an 18% discount on my account so there will still be a big difference in price. Right now I am paying around $90 for the 2 lines before discounts.

Big decision now. Do I stay with the TP2 and wait for the completed Android conversion or fight with the wife when the Evo is released!

GGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It's not the greatest deal for only 2 ppl but if you entice some more fam members on your plan it turns into a great deal! extra lines are $20 each and if you don't talk a lot 1500 is enough. so your share split of ((190-18%)/5)*2 is $62.32 of course there are fees and stuff. I have my parents wife and sis and it's an amazing bargain :)

eman 03-30-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yibrushn (Post 1669819)
It's not the greatest deal for only 2 ppl but if you entice some more fam members on your plan it turns into a great deal! extra lines are $20 each and if you don't talk a lot 1500 is enough. so your share split of ((190-18%)/5)*2 is $62.32 of course there are fees and stuff. I have my parents wife and sis and it's an amazing bargain :)

It is not the best plan but is still a lot better then the everything plan at 129.

drksilenc 03-30-2010 02:33 PM

also u have to think of it this way any mobile anytime and no roaming... who do most people call... cell phones so it wouldnt be a problem to do that