PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 11:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVO 4G battery the same form factor/size as Hero?

I was noticing on the engadget site, the battery looks to be the same as the one in the Sprint Hero. They are the same mAh. Would be nice if they are the same form factor, as even if I have to sell my old hero, I can still keep my andida 2000 mAh battery as a backup.

http://www.engadget.com/photos/htc-evo-4g-hands-on-0/
Old 03-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: EVO 4G battery the same form factor/size as Hero?

Wouldn't be the first time HTC has made phones that uses the "same" battery. But...If I'm not mistaken...the Evo is physically SIGNIFICANTLY larger than the Hero.

If they do use the same battery...then awesome to you for having an extra. I'd invest in a seperate battery charger to ensure you have a fresh battery.

I myself have an external battery pack that Sprint sells (yes overpriced, I'm sure) and I use that for those extended amount of time when I can't charge my TP2 now.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

If its the same battery as the Hero, it will also be the same battery as the TP2. My wife has a Hero and I have verified that the batteries are interchangeable... even have the same part number printed on the battery itself...
Old 03-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

jhernandez90606 is a n00b

I does look like the touch pro2/hero battery and nothing like the HD2. It would be a great if it was the touch pro 2 battery because u can get a charger and 2 batteries for $17. I have two extra batteries for my touch pro and could go through all 3 in one day. The reason might be that sprint does many repairs in house and might be trying mainstream parts. I have been with sprint since the last century and havent been this excited about a phone since the old samsung flip phones. And because of the inner geek in me this battery announcement makes me more excited. Cant wait to start posting after everyone buys one of theses babies.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G