PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: one design problem with the evo

the problem is they keep increasing pixel count but unless you have enough light you wont get a good picture thats why the slr cameras still shoot pictures alot better even if there res is lower
Old 03-30-2010, 04:23 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksilenc View Post
the problem is they keep increasing pixel count but unless you have enough light you wont get a good picture thats why the slr cameras still shoot pictures alot better even if there res is lower
It is all part of the master plan..I mean you can get 32gb sd card these days..how else are you suppose to fill them if they don't give you 20 megapixel phones?

it is mostly a marketing gimmick..but many don't realize all it does is take up more space on your memory card lol

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-30-2010, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

mbaseball3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
My only gripe is that it doesn't have a trackball. I use it all the time on my Hero and don't know how I can go back to not having it.
I was complaining bout same thing til I realised why no optical or trackball.....the screen is huge! lol still gonna miss it.

Sent from my Wannabe Evo 4G using Tapmytalk

Hero is flying
Old 03-31-2010, 09:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

kylelerner is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
also the driod got a 16gb sd card at factory right? so why are they being cheap and giving a 8gb?
They may be doing this in order to keep the phone at a lower price, and, quite frankly, I would prefer it to be that way.

What bothers me most about the phone is that there is no hardware keyboard. I currently own a Sprint TP2, and for me, a keyboard is a must.

I came from a Samsung Instinct (a humongous failure of a phone), and can't stand onscreen keyboards, whether the screen be capacitive or resistive.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

I'm fine with "only" an 8gb card. My hero has the stock 2gb in there, and I haven't loaded anything on there yet. I was waiting to get a 16 gb card, and load MP3s on it, but haven't pulled the trigger. Plus, there's no non-rooted way to put apps on your SD card at this time.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:52 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylelerner View Post
They may be doing this in order to keep the phone at a lower price, and, quite frankly, I would prefer it to be that way.

What bothers me most about the phone is that there is no hardware keyboard. I currently own a Sprint TP2, and for me, a keyboard is a must.

I came from a Samsung Instinct (a humongous failure of a phone), and can't stand onscreen keyboards, whether the screen be capacitive or resistive.
Again... think about how big the tp2 is... now think about how big the hd2 is... NOW think about how big the hd2/evo would be with a keyboard. NOOOOOOOOO thank you and I came from a tp2.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Again... think about how big the tp2 is... now think about how big the hd2 is... NOW think about how big the hd2/evo would be with a keyboard. NOOOOOOOOO thank you and I came from a tp2.
The HD2 isn't any bigger than the Touch Pro 2. It's a few millimeters bigger, but nothing the naked eye would notice without them being right next to each other.

The Touch Pro 2 is bigger than the Mogul (by about as much as the HD2 is bigger than the Touch Pro 2), but nobody cares and nobody notices unless they are sitting right next to each other.
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomp...3=1989&id4=771

If the EVO or HD2 had a keyboard, it would look and feel like it was the same size as the Touch Pro 2 unless you sat them righ tnext to each other and closely examined them.

I would glady choose a keyboard version of the EVO over the non keyboard version.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 03-31-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Threadstarter

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work

salty ur right that the tp2 is almost as big as the hd2... only one problem theres almost no bezel on the evo and if u had to add all the supports and stuff+ the larger battery and all the other goodness you would prbly be lookin at dimensions like 5.3 x 2.8 x .9 and thats being gentle. it would be quite litterally a brick which is exactly what htc was trying to avoid with the first 4g phone. thats directed at what at&t said there first 4g was gonna be a brick
Old 03-31-2010, 01:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
salty ur right that the tp2 is almost as big as the hd2... only one problem theres almost no bezel on the evo and if u had to add all the supports and stuff+ the larger battery and all the other goodness you would prbly be lookin at dimensions like 5.3 x 2.8 x .9 and thats being gentle. it would be quite litterally a brick which is exactly what htc was trying to avoid with the first 4g phone. thats directed at what at&t said there first 4g was gonna be a brick
The HD2 has about the same bezel as the Touch Pro 2. The only difference that makes the HD2 have such a larger screen is the Touch Pro 2 has that stupid zoom bar. Take that out and it could have a screen just as big as the HD2 while only adding a few millimeters to the overall device size.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:09 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:

trust me when I tell you this...coming from the tp2 forum with that guy dont bother trying to debate with him... youll be here all night.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G