PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint EVO
Carrier: Sprint

donnatn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to donnatn
Re: one design problem with the evo

I remember the Palm 700p where the card would pop out of the top of the phone sometimes when you didn't even know it....data gone bye bye....

Sure it is a pain having to take the phone apart but it is ok with a case that is easy to get on and off. I never found a case for the Touch Pro 2 that wouldn't break the snaps when I took it off.

No situation is perfect...but this phone is closer
Old 03-27-2010, 01:24 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnatn View Post
I remember the Palm 700p where the card would pop out of the top of the phone sometimes when you didn't even know it....data gone bye bye....

Sure it is a pain having to take the phone apart but it is ok with a case that is easy to get on and off. I never found a case for the Touch Pro 2 that wouldn't break the snaps when I took it off.

No situation is perfect...but this phone is closer
Ahm...maybe your taking it off wrong? never broke mine at least..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-27-2010, 03:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
it may not be a world phone as far as cdma/gsm but here is the question..will it work in other areas of the world which deploy wimax/wibro :/

here is a map of wimax in the world

http://www.wimaxmaps.org/

(thing is sprint is 802.16e and some are 802.16d(this is fixed wimax not mobile so take those off the map to see) :/)
Cool map, but not sure how accurate it is... it doesn't show any of ClearWire's deployments which is what Sprint is piggybacking on for their 4G network (at least in the US). Also, if I'm not mistaken, Sprint will only be using WiMax for data, it won't be carrying voice at all. That and we have no idea what kind of roaming capabilities will be worked into the EVO as far as connecting to other WiMax networks. Nice to see that WiMax is pretty much all over Europe, though in case they do allow roaming
Old 03-27-2010, 08:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

DCLocal is becoming a great contributor
Post Re: one design problem with the evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksilenc View Post
you have to remove the memory stick from behind the battery... only gripe i have with this phone
I read on another forum that the memory card under the battery is a requirement for Android phones going forward as a safety measure. Since Android will allow installing programs on the memory card, requiring you to shut down the device (removing the battery) will prevent potential problems.

With the size and price of memory cards available now having the memory card buried under the battery isn't an issue for me. The new 32gig MicroSD is landing with a MSRP of under $200. That's a pretty attractive price let alone what it will be in several months.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:05 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrigham View Post
Cool map, but not sure how accurate it is... it doesn't show any of ClearWire's deployments which is what Sprint is piggybacking on for their 4G network (at least in the US). Also, if I'm not mistaken, Sprint will only be using WiMax for data, it won't be carrying voice at all. That and we have no idea what kind of roaming capabilities will be worked into the EVO as far as connecting to other WiMax networks. Nice to see that WiMax is pretty much all over Europe, though in case they do allow roaming

The map may not be the most up to date but there are Sprint and Clearwire networks on the US map..look at Washington and Texas..but the point of showing the map was to show international not US wimax.

That said Sprint will definitely be using wimax for voice. Not initially as wimax coverage is not as robust as 1x but its their plan. And you can still use VOIP and etc.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

gratefultyler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargratefultyler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargratefultyler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Now that SanDisk has come out with the 32GB card, I hope I won't have to ever switch out chips again. I wish.

...and I'm going to have fun my last day on Earth!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

the only real design flaw I can see is that its not in my pocket right now!
Old 03-27-2010, 07:26 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

The only design flaw I see.....which isn't really that much of a design flaw to me, just something I would LOVE to see on this phone...........is a physical keyboard! Every other smartphone I've purchased has had a physical keyboard on it......but this WILL be my exception!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg
The only desing flaw is it doesn't have a keyboard and tilting screen.
It has that kickstand thingee on the back...........thats kind of a tilt?!?!?!?!

Last edited by radar369; 03-27-2010 at 07:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:37 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
It has that kickstand thingee on the back...........thats kind of a tilt?!?!?!?!
Why make it so complicated?..just tilt the phone and thats tilt isn't it? lol
Old 03-27-2010, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

LeoKnightas is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
the only real design flaw I can see is that its not in my pocket right now!
LMAO! My pocket too!!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G