PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: one design problem with the evo

http://www.teksoftco.com/index.php?s...ueinputandroid
bluetooth hid drivers for android... theres your keyboard salty
Old 04-08-2010, 04:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks View Post
look bottom line keyboards are great, I love them, wish every fone had one, the reason the eris had no chance to compete was def marketing, and they my major!!! Moto probably had a marketing contract with verizon that HTC didn't, so it def couldn't compete if it's not being shown, I'm not sayin it would will but i think if there was as much put into ads for the eris as it was for the droid it would be a totally different story
I agree that marketing played a huge part. I'm just saying there is a reason Verizon chose to market the Droid instead of the Droid Eris. It's not like Motorola said "please market our phone" and HTC said "please don't market ours..." More like Verizon picked the one they thought would sell the best- ie get the best return on their investment in a marketing camaign.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksilenc View Post
look salty if you need to type for that darn long get a blue tooth keyboard ffs. i could in no way take notes for that long on my touch pro.
on the other hand i have a nice collapsable bt keyboard that works great.
I type that much on my Touch Pro 2 every day. I think you'll be hard pressed to find a Touch Pro 2 owner who says anything bad about typing on it or the keyboard or whatever. Anyone can type like this on a Touch Pro 2 if they want/need to.

As for a bluetooth keyboard- why the heck would I want to do that? The whole point of a smartphone is that I only need to carry 1 device. The phone I have right now lets me type as much as I want without carrying an extra keyboard, so why should I expect to have to carry an extra keyboard on a future, supposedly better device?

More like HTC better get it right. Even though this EVO doesn't have a keyboard, hopefully a future device will (and in the near future, not several years away).

If not, I'll probably get a Samsung or Motorola or some other device that does have a keyboard.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

the thing is they did get it right and u just dont want to admit it
Old 04-08-2010, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

mbaseball3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Quote:
design flaw? more like safety feature. you want your sd card to just randomly fall out and lose all your info on it....for ever? my hero has card also locked under battery cover.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
No he means you have to take the battery out of the phone in order to access the SD Card slot. That would require a power reset of the phone. The Sprint Hero doesn't require a power reset of the phone to get to the sd card slot.
ohhhh....yeah that's gay. the Samsung moment has same design. definitely a design flaw

Hero is flying
Old 04-08-2010, 11:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaseball3 View Post
ohhhh....yeah that's gay. the Samsung moment has same design. definitely a design flaw

Although, after having my hero since Oct 9, I finally took out the SD card for the first time....just to look at it.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

well the main reason i change cards is for flashing of roms. i upload a bunch of them to my sd card on the port on my pc. its much faster. and the same when addin new media to my larger memory stick. its not often but i do remove mine.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G