PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you buy the EVO if it had a physical keyboard?
Only if it was running Windows Mobile 6.5 OS! 5 2.70%
Only if it was running the latest Droid OS! 15 8.11%
Id buy it regardless of what OS it was running! I want a keyboard!! 71 38.38%
Nahh, I prefer the EVO without a keyboard! 88 47.57%
Im not buying the EVO regardless, I prefer the phone I have! 6 3.24%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 10:50 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Poll - Who wants a physical keyboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrigham View Post
I thought I could never give up a physical keyboard myself after having a Mogul, then TP, and TP2, but after having "upgraded" to the Hero for a bit (which I will be returning to get my upgrade credit reinstated to get the EVO this summer LOL) I've realized that I can, in fact, get used to the on screen keyboards... and as somewhat frustrating the Hero's kbd can be, a bigger screen i'm sure will make it even that much better...

Plus like someone else mentioned, I would not be surprised to see someone come out with a case that has a bluetooth keyboard built into it like has come out before for other phones, so there's where all the physical keyboard lovers could get their groove on
bluetooth would be bad as it would drain energy..usb would be better...and I think I mentioned it but those are part of a phone bundle and not exactly separate ..they should make those though...theyd make millions >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Yay lets put up a poll
Old 03-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
Don't need a keyboard with that huge screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerandabe69 View Post
as long as i have swype i could live without the keyboard
Agreed...I thought I would never get a phone w/out a keyboard but I played with an HD2 today and could definitely go without!

I'm just hoping someone will find a way to run WinMo on the Supersonic...not sure I like Android but I WILL have that phone.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:49 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
Agreed...I thought I would never get a phone w/out a keyboard but I played with an HD2 today and could definitely go without!

I'm just hoping someone will find a way to run WinMo on the Supersonic...not sure I like Android but I WILL have that phone.
it would not be legal to run winmo on that phone..so even if it would be possible it won't be here
Old 03-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
it would not be legal to run winmo on that phone..so even if it would be possible it won't be here
10 4...didn't think about that... That sucks. Guess I'm stuck getting used to Android
Old 03-27-2010, 06:05 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
10 4...didn't think about that... That sucks. Guess I'm stuck getting used to Android
The Sense UI interface on Winmo and Android is pretty close to each other...only difference is settings and applications. Considering that M$ is abandoning winmo in a way anyways it was bound to happen eventually.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

LeoKnightas is becoming a great contributor

I have a TP2 and hardly ever use the physical keyboard ( I use my phone one-handed 95% of the time) so I wont miss the keyboard at all. Good by Winmo, Hello Android!
Old 05-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

Yeah but those BT keyboards would eat your battery alive and create more bulk then just having an integrated. I love my hero but I don't see myself getting the EVO because other than the initial ridiculous price it will have, I really can't stand all touchscreen.

The Hero has served it's purpose to me to see how great Android is, but it still hasn't completely beaten my old TP because that old phone was damn productive with a real keyboard.
My Epic 4G Battery Reviews
Beware of some 32GB MicroSD Cards
Old 05-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Pao
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Pao is keeping up the good workPao is keeping up the good work

Nah, I'm coming from a Touch Pro and am honestly looking forward to the thin and sleek frame on this phone. I end up using my on-screen as much as my keyboard anymore, and that's on my tiny TP screen!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G