PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you buy the EVO if it had a physical keyboard?
Only if it was running Windows Mobile 6.5 OS! 5 2.70%
Only if it was running the latest Droid OS! 15 8.11%
Id buy it regardless of what OS it was running! I want a keyboard!! 71 38.38%
Nahh, I prefer the EVO without a keyboard! 88 47.57%
Im not buying the EVO regardless, I prefer the phone I have! 6 3.24%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo
Carrier: Sprint

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

With a screen of that size who needs one, and im glad this is in the TP2 section since it has nothing to do with it.

*clap*
Old 03-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

BillJr106 is keeping up the good workBillJr106 is keeping up the good work
Re: EVO Poll - Who wants a physical keyboard?

I put it in the Touch Pro 2 section as I am more concerned with what Touch Pro 2 users think of this phone. To upgrade from the Touch Pro 2 to anything else, for me, would require a physical keyboard....

Also, the question "who needs a keyboard when the screen is that big?" ... Answer, anyone who wants to run emulators and be able to use keyboard as joystick, anyone who prefer to type with something the can actually feel, anyone who likes the idea of not having to rip a hole in their gloves to type (( capacitive screen yes? ))
Old 03-24-2010, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Scotty_Two is keeping up the good workScotty_Two is keeping up the good work

i think i'll be getting this phone regardless. the specs are amazing and since windows mobile as we know it will soon be out-dated and unsupported, i think android is the way to go. as for the physical keyboard aspect of it, while i do love my TP2 keyboard (when i use it), i don't think that i use it enough to justify the extra bulk of the phone; i'd do just fine without.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

So in other words mostly no one. Newer emulators will be touch. Much rather type and see then feel, and why wear gloves. Its time to move forward.....Out with the old and in with the new. Microsoft is trying this and getting crucified. Why post a poll if you have no interest, its foolish.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:52 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJr106 View Post
I put it in the Touch Pro 2 section as I am more concerned with what Touch Pro 2 users think of this phone. To upgrade from the Touch Pro 2 to anything else, for me, would require a physical keyboard....

Also, the question "who needs a keyboard when the screen is that big?" ... Answer, anyone who wants to run emulators and be able to use keyboard as joystick, anyone who prefer to type with something the can actually feel, anyone who likes the idea of not having to rip a hole in their gloves to type (( capacitive screen yes? ))

I dont get the logic in this... the gaming and emulators on the iphone are far superior and people manage well without a keyboard. And on top of that I dont think people seem to realize how accurate voice to text is on android 2.1.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

LePapirrikY is a n00b

i'll sure miss the keyboard but if i have swype on that beast i will be happy.

giving up KB for 4g, front camera, 1ghz, 512mb, and not winmo7 that itself made a deal with me. I'll keep my TP2 as an Itouch tho :P

Once i saw a leather cover with a KB included that connects via BT, something like that i'll defientely buy since i only use my KB in big emails and sometimes text msg.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:34 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

some people, like me, just prefer physical keyboards, does that make me a dinosaur? ive tried all of the sips on just about every platform, stock winmo, swype, htc sips, android sips, iphone sip, none are as accurate or satisfying FOR ME as a hardware keyboard. look at blackberry, all the models they have released and only 2 have been touch screen and they have more marketshare than anyone i believe. we may be becoming a minority but there will always be a market for smartphones with keyboards.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

guys, i had all Hardware keyboards for several years now, and to tell you the truth, i got used to typing on my Sprint TP2 on-screen keyboard (nice 3.6 inch screen, u know)...and also, i hate the brick feeling already...i want a device as slim as it can get! and The EVO 4G is it! i'm super glad it is android...i had like 4 different phones (all WM) and nothing changes...(Slow, slow and slow with every new version, except the HD2 of-course)...and i'm ready for a breath of fresh air. I was just waiting till Android matured, and it has. 2.1 has everything i needed and more...see you on the other side!
Old 03-24-2010, 04:51 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Love the physical keyboard on my TP2, and always thought I'd need one, but going off the thickness in a hurry! The slimness of the keyboardless devices is fast becoming more and more appealing! Nearly bought the Nexus One today, but cancelled last minute

Old 03-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Keyboards are annoying. I'm so glad the EVO doesn't have one.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G