PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 02:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex
Carrier: Sprint

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl
Re: Sprint Internal Memo w/ Supersonic in Inventory listing

from your first linky

"The upgraded network platform could allow for theoretical peak download speeds of 7.2Mbps (actual speeds may vary depending on a number of factors, including location, device, and overall traffic on the local network at a given time)."

notice keywords "could" and "theoretical". as the networks stand currently, i am not wrong. also, yes...what phone you are using does play a part in speeds. however, coverage is also a concern. please notice the differences in coverage area between the two companies. thanks for the info though.

p.s. thank you for providing proof without being prompted to do so. i hate unsupported arguments.

will click thanks for proof!

Last edited by sprintgirl; 03-20-2010 at 02:02 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:05 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
from your first linky

"The upgraded network platform could allow for theoretical peak download speeds of 7.2Mbps (actual speeds may vary depending on a number of factors, including location, device, and overall traffic on the local network at a given time)."

notice keywords "could" and "theoretical". as the networks stand currently, i am not wrong. also, yes...what phone you are using does play a part in speeds. however, coverage is also a concern. please notice the differences in coverage area between the two companies. thanks for the info though.
youre not reading the link correctly 7.2 theortical is what they have now.
Directly from the link
"HSPA 7.2 (faster 3G data service) is now enabled across T-Mobile's entire 3G network"
You have to do your research on hspa+ which allows up to 21mpbs, which is what they were using before they went lte in europe. hspa+ is coming this summer which offers faster speeds. like i was saying people are getting on average 9mbps in philly.
Directly from the link.
"HSPA+ delivers mobile broadband speeds with a home broadband-like experience.
T-Mobile customers in Philadelphia already have access to the faster speeds that HSPA+ delivers. Our network upgrade efforts are well underway and we’ll share more details as the service becomes available to customers"

MORE PROOF: THERE ARE SO MANY RANDOM ARTICLES I CAN FIND THIS IS THE FIRST

http://jkontherun.com/2009/12/08/t-m...work-hands-on/
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If we can put our junk away and finish the measuring contest....

Do we have conformation that it may make an appearance as soon as next week? That would be awesome since Spring has been pretty silent in regards to what they plan to release.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

p-slim Thanks for doing the research! Sprintgirl I appreciate your enthusiasm but any cellphone data surveys are very limited bottom line under the best of conditions verizon and sprint are equal and att is faster and so is T-Mobile. but their 3g coverage isn't as reliable. believe me I love sprint too but it's a disservice to give ppl false expectations
(btw been with sprint for 10 years and never on sero)
Old 03-20-2010, 11:13 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Regardless of which network is faster or has the most coverage, please refrain from the negative comments toward one another. I am not pointing a finger at any specific members however I am confident those members know who they are.

This thread has gone completely off its original topic and I really don't want to have to close it, so please get back on topic and play nice with one another.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Keep it on topic. Like I've said many times, please move any personal issues with other members to PM. I don't want to have to give this thread a cool-off because of flaming.

Last edited by [sammich]; 03-21-2010 at 08:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:01 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
i for one will be all over this like herpes on a 10 cent hooker on nickle night!!!
i think you summed up how everyone feels about this phone (yours truly included)...LOL

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 03-24-2010, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
LOL ahhh speaking in 3rd person
"...johnny can dunk..."