PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch vogue
Carrier: sprint

jamess661 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint 4G HTC Supersonic Images Leak

Is there a white and black model or is the back of it white and front black kinda weird ?
Old 01-31-2010, 12:35 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

<quote>
Android 3.1 On HTC Phandroid Phone!

A couple days ago, BGR posted a screenshot from an anonymous tipster from a device that claimed to be the HTC Supersonic running Android 3.0 for T-Mobile. They were so enthused by the story they watermarked the screenshot as seen below:

It was fake. We got a screenshot of from our own “anonymous tipster” from a device called the HTC Phandroid running Android 3.1:

This is also fake and it DIDN’T come from an anonymous tipster – it came from Android Developer Evan Charlton who whipped up the screen shot at my request. It took him about 17 seconds to produce and only slightly longer to explain how:
there’s a text file on the phone (/system/build.prop) which contains information about your build
ro.product.model=HTC Phandroid
ro.build.version.release=3.1
edit it, reboot the phone
done
I think these types of “About Phone” screenshots should be categorically ruled out as reliable tips. Tech sites get tons of “tips” every day and sometimes it’s hard to separate the real from the fake, but this type of evidence is just too easy to fake and duplicate. We’ll forgive BGR this time… not only because he gave us a stream of deliciously accurate Droid leaks a few months ago but also because we know he still has a lot to learn about Android.
If you still believe that HTC is releasing a “Phandroid Phone” with Android 3.1 there is one other thing you should know: right afterwards Motorola is launching the Motorola COASTER special edition sponsored by Six Flags running on Android 6.WOAH. Screenshots coming soon.
UPDATE/CLARIFICATION: I’m not suggesting the HTC Supersonic doesn’t exist… or even that Google isn’t currently working on Android 3.0. My point is that this method of proof is severely flawed and too easy to duplicate to take seriously.[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Rob/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]</quote>
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

erick10 is a n00b

This is a nice phone but why didnt they make it run Windows Mobile. I know theres an HD2 but Sprint might never carry it. I know alot of people think Android is better than Windows Mobile but after playing with my GF Droid and sister Motorola Cliq, I still love Windows Mobile OS. I guess I will end up leaving my Sero Acount and move to Tmobile and pick up the bad boy HD2. Damn you Sprint, you even have better 3g coverage than Tmobile.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work

man, i really want this phone but im not sure if i can make the transistion if android doesnt come up with a way to stream sirius satellite soon.. thats why i love my winmo phone as of right now..

Old 02-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

crazybliss is a n00b

looks nice
Old 02-02-2010, 10:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick10 View Post
This is a nice phone but why didnt they make it run Windows Mobile. I know theres an HD2 but Sprint might never carry it. I know alot of people think Android is better than Windows Mobile but after playing with my GF Droid and sister Motorola Cliq, I still love Windows Mobile OS. I guess I will end up leaving my Sero Acount and move to Tmobile and pick up the bad boy HD2. Damn you Sprint, you even have better 3g coverage than Tmobile.
It doesn't appear Sprint is going to do much with WM phones, until WM7. Although, I wonder if Sprint will allow sero customers to use the WM7 phones.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Vogue

ahbroody is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by toenail View Post
man, i really want this phone but im not sure if i can make the transistion if android doesnt come up with a way to stream sirius satellite soon.. thats why i love my winmo phone as of right now..
xm for me, skyfire browser for justin.tv. I love poking at my Iphone buddies watching the game on my phone and telling them its okay you can look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
It doesn't appear Sprint is going to do much with WM phones, until WM7. Although, I wonder if Sprint will allow sero customers to use the WM7 phones.
Extremely unlikely. Sprint is not allowing any webOS, Android devices on Sero. Allowing new devices running snapdragons and likely wimax capable devices onto sero would make no business sense. The devices will use more network resources. Sprint wants you off Sero. Why would they give you cutting edge technology which uses all the best the network has to offer at a super cheap price?

It has been discussed many times that the TP2 is likely the last Winmo phone you will ever see for Sero. It makes zero business sense for Sprint to give you the best phones on plans they dont make much money on. It was a good run, but I left recently. I am actually paying less now though, but I have 4 lines. I passed on the TP2 because while nice the processor is old. I am waiting for a snapdragon winmo phone.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahbroody View Post
I am waiting for a snapdragon winmo phone...
with a keyboard.
fixed it for ya.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Vogue

ahbroody is a n00b

True.
I just got my wife a pre. I forgot how nice a physical keyboard was. That keyboard is not a great one on the pre, but it was still better then no physical keyboard. Side not WebOS is a pretty sweet UI. I dig it.

I want that Zune phone to be a reality pretty bad. I would skip a keyboard for a tegra. Jizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz tegra. Schwing!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work

Im hoping Sprint gets this phone and a WM 7 counterpart. Android works for those who like it but there are still WM people out here that arent to interested in Android or even a Iphone.

The only other os i like thats out there is WebOS.

All and all, its great for Sprint to start putting there WiMax network to good use. Just hope its here in the NYC area by the time these headsets hit the market.

Evo on 3g

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G