PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well yes but it has to do with what they have available now..so lets say they got only 200$ in the bank and verizon has TP2 fr 200$ and sprint has it for 350$ they would take the 200$ cause thats what they have now.

That said I am surprised there is no Bill me later option for cellphones yet..lol (maybe through a 3rd party but I mean from the cellphone provider store)
TMobile kind of does this, as you can pay for your phone over time.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Ok then compare Verizons new customer sales of the $99 TP2 with Sprints $299 Tp2 and tell me the difference.
I don't think the TP2 debuted at $99 on verizon but no doubt Sprint's price was considerably more (+$150?). I agree with you to some extent but aren't there more factors than just the price that determined why it sold more? Maybe more people available to upgrade? New contracts? Sprint continues to lose customers so the carrier itself even has to be some factor in this. I know where I live Verizon is highly praised and Sprint still has a bad reputation. I could count over a dozen people I personally know paying more for Verizon because they believe it's the superior carrier as far as data/voice go. Variety in mid level to entry level phones must help too (sprint's selection is horrible).

But we're talking about the EVO here. AFAIK no other carrier has announced they were carrying this device or something similar. Pricing will be a bit different than the TP2, which was available on every major carrier in the US.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:37 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

the EVO should be cheaper than the TP2 at release, or priced the same it is now, since there is no license fee, and google is actually paying companies to put android out, should be priced really really fairly. i see them dropping the tp2 price and throwing the evo in there.

Help Me Help You
Old 04-03-2010, 09:30 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eigerzoom View Post
i cant believe its not a law yet that every new cell phone should have a slide out keyboard
: p

i was ready to jump ship when i first saw it...but now i'm just like...meh
i would probably rather upgrade the TP to TP2 before going snapdragon for this evo

end result = probably hold out with the TP for another year

law? lol....not everyone WANTS a keyboard.....speak for yourself
Old 04-03-2010, 10:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & EVO 4G

PhantomApolyon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPhantomApolyon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPhantomApolyon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPhantomApolyon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
law? lol....not everyone WANTS a keyboard.....speak for yourself
I'll let you know how much I miss the keyboard on wednesday(our data rep's EVO should be in for final testing) Hopefully I'll get a chance to snap some pictures of it for some of the people on here to drool at

Phantom's 6.5/6.5x Modified Lock Screens
Old 04-03-2010, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work

Upfront price plays a big factor it. By pricing it reasonably ($199 for a smart phone) you can also convert dumb phone users that were only using phones for talk or talk and text. Trust me, when you go to upgrade and you see that even with your upgrade discount, the phone cost more with the discount than the phone that you were going to get without discount, you dont even look in that direction.

I dont expect to get people that only upgrade to a free phone but those that dont mind paying $100-$150. This is going to be the new flagship phone and the flagship is supposed to bring in new subs. It makes it much easier to bring over a family of lets say 4 to a new line when your paying $199 for one phone and lets say $100 each for the other 3 as opposed to having to pay $350 for 1 phone and $100 each for the other 3.

Evo on 3g

Old 04-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Count me out for a keyboard too. You might not get that tactile feel but with decent correction and an adequate screen size you don't lose out on speed/accuracy. The EVO is already big enough without a keyboard. The 4.3" screen should be great to type on. The TP2 is too thick (for it's size) for me personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomApolyon View Post
I'll let you know how much I miss the keyboard on wednesday(our data rep's EVO should be in for final testing) Hopefully I'll get a chance to snap some pictures of it for some of the people on here to drool at
Can't wait...
Old 04-04-2010, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

xenoetry is becoming a great contributor

Same here, as I don't need a keyboard at all on my phone. Texting isn't a huge priority as I would rather talk, and any time I use email its a fairly short message. Web browsing is all but a cakewalk on mobile devices, so there is no need for one on my end, especially with the extra space and weight it adds.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

xenoetry is becoming a great contributor

Any word on what the refresh rate and framerate are on this device? Just curious if it will be on par with the Iphone's presentation...
Old 04-04-2010, 02:46 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenoetry View Post
Any word on what the refresh rate and framerate are on this device? Just curious if it will be on par with the Iphone's presentation...
The processor is around the same in graphics department so no reason it shouldn't..and considering it has an HDMI out. Also I think sprint said it does 720p

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G