PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 10:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
People arent going to care about plan pricing.. theyre going to be looking at how much money they have to spend UP FRONT... one reason why Verizon sold so many more tp2's than Sprint did even though their plans are WAY higher.
ding ding ding ding we have a winner !
Old 04-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

i rather pay alot up front with cheap plan than cheap phone and expensive plan.
theres been alot of hoopla research about this topic and the "pay more for phone up front" has been the better option and money saver down the road.

max i'll pay for this phone is 350.
scratch that, i'll pay anything
Old 04-01-2010, 11:31 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Paying up front is always the usually the best option for most things...

but then again a lot of people in america live from paycheck to paycheck and can't pay up front or many just don't/can't count.

Not to mention in these cases your signing a 2 year contract so even something as small as 5$ end up $120 in 2 years...$10 and you already have the price of the phone.

a good example of it is take $0.01 and double it each day for 30 days...or $1mil

Day 1: $.01
Day 2: $.02
Day 3: $.04
Day 4: $.08
Day 5: $.16
Day 6: $.32
Day 7: $.64
Day 8: $1.28
Day 9: $2.56
Day 10: $5.12
Day 11: $10.24
Day 12: $20.48
Day 13: $40.96
Day 14: $81.92
Day 15: $163.84
Day 16: $327.68
Day 17: $655.36
Day 18: $1,310.72
Day 19: $2,621.44
Day 20: $5,242.88
Day 21: $10,485.76
Day 22: $20,971.52
Day 23: $41,943.04
Day 24: $83,386.08
Day 25: $167,772.16
Day 26: $335,544.32
Day 27: $671,088.64
Day 28: $1,342,177.28
Day 29: $2,684,354.56
Day 30: $5,368,709.12

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-02-2010, 06:04 AM
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

The average consumer isnt about to sit down and weigh out plan expenses over a year or a two year period.. they will see how much the phone costs UP FRONT and use that determine whether they want to get it or not. It's just the way it goes...
Old 04-02-2010, 08:10 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Actually the average consumer (in America) just buys what they want and they don't care how much it costs, now or later. That's one of the reasons that bankruptcies and foreclosures are on the rise. Generally we are very materialistic and just go for it without thinking about the consequences.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:09 AM
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ok then compare Verizons new customer sales of the $99 TP2 with Sprints $299 Tp2 and tell me the difference.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

donato is just getting started

Another Video of the phone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24r6q4clez8&NR=1
Old 04-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: SPH-D700
Carrier: SPRINT

eigerzoom is just getting started

i cant believe its not a law yet that every new cell phone should have a slide out keyboard
: p

i was ready to jump ship when i first saw it...but now i'm just like...meh
i would probably rather upgrade the TP to TP2 before going snapdragon for this evo

end result = probably hold out with the TP for another year
Old 04-02-2010, 10:50 AM
The EVO Guru

TP2 over Evo = fail
Old 04-02-2010, 03:50 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Actually the average consumer (in America) just buys what they want and they don't care how much it costs, now or later. That's one of the reasons that bankruptcies and foreclosures are on the rise. Generally we are very materialistic and just go for it without thinking about the consequences.
Well yes but it has to do with what they have available now..so lets say they got only 200$ in the bank and verizon has TP2 fr 200$ and sprint has it for 350$ they would take the 200$ cause thats what they have now.

That said I am surprised there is no Bill me later option for cellphones yet..lol (maybe through a 3rd party but I mean from the cellphone provider store)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G