PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE
Carrier: Sprint

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to get sprints hot spot to work completely (root needed)

I'd Like to start this out with a disclaimer. if anything goes wrong with your phone or you get charged for this it is not my fault nor is it Calkulin's fault.

Now that thats out the way,

i had flashed Calkulin USB Fix (.zip attched Below) a while ago and yesterday i was playing with my evo and i hit the hotspot feature on extended controls to see if it'll activate wireless tether. and to my surprise it instead activated sprints mobile hotspot, dumbfounded as i was i said hey let me test this out so i connected my laptop to the hotspot and entered the password (On OMJ ROm i seem to have an issue which i cant go to the hotspot settings so defult p/w is 1234567890) and i was able to surf the web. now to test this out i had flashed back to stock rom(latest OTA without Calkulin USB Fix) and i couldnt acess the hotspot then i went to recovery and flashed the fix and BAM! i have the hotspot feature once again. test it out for yourself and again if anything goes wrong with your phone or you get charged for this it is not my fault nor is it Calkulin's fault, im just spreading the news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
if you are on OMJ 3.5, OMJ cooked this in/ no need to flash the calk fix, its already in there.
Also i just contacted sprint and the rep told me that i wasn't being charged for the service and she keep insisting to activate it for me. i told her no here's a copy

Attached Files
File Type: zip Calkulin's_EVO_2.2_USB_Tethering_Fix.zip (3.44 MB, 606 views) Click for barcode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..

Last edited by PhyscoAssassinx; 10-08-2010 at 12:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Jayzion is keeping up the good workJayzion is keeping up the good work
Re: How to get sprints hot spot to work completely (root needed)

RizzoMach and I just tested this.

It says we are online and have internet access through the hot spot.

it says the speed is 54.0 Mbps
it shows Bytes sending and receiving...

yet it will not let us open any web pages.

this has to be very close. We are going to reboot the phone and make another attempt.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Jayzion is keeping up the good workJayzion is keeping up the good work

OK here goes...

We got it working.

We are running Myns ROM. We would connect but for some reason it would not let us navigate web sites.

Let me say that we currently do NOT have 4G in our area.

We flipped the 4G switch ON and BAM!!! We are live and I am on the Hot Spot right now.

The speed is not great but this is a huge leap!!!

I tried to attach the speed test but I never did that before.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayzion View Post

OK here goes...

We got it working.

We are running Myns ROM. We would connect but for some reason it would not let us navigate web sites.

Let me say that we currently do NOT have 4G in our area.

We flipped the 4G switch ON and BAM!!! We are live and I am on the Hot Spot right now.

The speed is not great but this is a huge leap!!!

I tried to attach the speed test but I never did that before.
thats funny i dont need to have the 4g on to use it i was able to post some stuff up on facebook and watch a video on youtube with the hotspot running 3G (Im running OMJ Froyo)
Old 10-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

I too would like to know why you opened up two threads about hotspot. I suggest you ensure this works prior to having people place something on their phone that may not work. Even with your disclaimer I don't find it enticing enough to take any plunge if you don't even know how it works.

Oh and one more thing....How is this not WAREZ when Hotspot is a PAID applications that allows tether.

Give some
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
I too would like to know why you opened up two threads about hotspot. I suggest you ensure this works prior to having people place something on their phone that may not work. Even with your disclaimer I don't find it enticing enough to take any plunge if you don't even know how it works.

Oh and one more thing....How is this not WAREZ when Hotspot is a PAID applications that allows tether.
well if you've read both you can see that there diffrent, when i first notice hot spot was active i was wondering what was going on. After investigating i found the cause. 2 different forums 2 different topics

this is like the little stealth tether work arounds for on winmo devices yet those post are still up and its not warez because im not posting up a cracked version of the wifi app im simple saying the that usb fix opens the mifi app……… its simple if you dont want to use it dont, no ones is holding a gun to your head saying you have too, juat use pre- 10, pdanet or whatever it is that you perfer
Old 10-08-2010, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

yang88she is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to yang88she Send a message via MSN to yang88she Send a message via Yahoo to yang88she

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between this hotspot vs doing wireless tether?
Old 10-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well from my experience
1. I can tether 4G along with 3G ( some people have had difficulty with 4G tether)
2. Ive also experience a bit fast speed
And for whats it's worth activated via widget but its all about personal preference.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2010, 10:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

I can confirm that before applying the update my hotspot app would show "no mobile network" when starting the hotspot app. After installing the update is shows "Ready" and also the mobile network 3G data connection stays active. This all seems like it is working as it should however I do not have my laptop to test the connection. If this works out I will incorporate it into my next build. Thaks given.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey psychoAssasinX if you are on OMJ 3.5, Im pretty sure OMJ cooked this in, I am on it too and all tethering fix's are there. So I just tried to test it, turned on WIFI hotspot and it fired right up, no need to flash the calk fix, its already in there.

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods