PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G On The Now Network From Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

rydah805 is keeping up the good workrydah805 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Theme Q?

Will A Theme I Made For Stock 2.1 Rooted Rom Work With Stock 2.2 Rooted Rom? Just Wondering. If Not Any Easy Way To Port?
Radio: 2.05.00.06.10

Old 08-03-2010, 02:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The only $50 Touch Pro2
Carrier: gottaluvSPRINT

wampuscat is keeping up the good workwampuscat is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Theme Q?

Wondering this myself
Old 08-03-2010, 02:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Why not just make a nandroid backup and then try your theme? If it doesn't work, restore the backup?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yea i guess i will try that out. when the leaked ota update leaked i opened it up and all extensions are the same but it looks like theres different files as a majority.

honestly ive never nandroided and restored via nandroid but shit, i need to learn how! lol
Old 08-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

nandroid is very easy to use and will let you try anything that you want and not worry about being back up and running in mere minutes if something goes south on you.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Sievers is a n00b

Just a reminder.... make sure its a Deodex'd Rom that you are trying it with.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

why a deodex'd rom? why isnt an odexed one good enough?
Old 08-10-2010, 01:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydah805 View Post
why a deodex'd rom? why isnt an odexed one good enough?
Can't do it on a odexed rom.... When we theme we are changing the files inside of an apk file. When you have an odexed rom the apk files are seperated into 2 different files (an apk and an odex)... by deodexing what they are doing is merging the two files together. So when you install a theme you would be updating the apk files and if you were odexed then you would only get have of the updated file and everything would get all messed up.

Thread main question - My answer would be no... 2.1 structure and images are quite different from 2.2 and even the theme porting tools have proved not to work very well. My sugestion... open up a 2.2 theme and start moving over your png files one apk at a time. That way you are using the 2.2 xml and jar files.
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

Ok....so let me try and answer this in one fail swoop.

A odex theme has a separate component to each apk whereas a deodex theme has the information included in the dex file built into the apk so that the info is all in one location.

2.1 folder structure is the same but some of the file names are changed. and you have to use 2.2 apk's for a 2.2 theme.

the easiest way to convert is to open each apk from the 2.1 theme and the new set of 2.2 apk's and copy in the "modified" file from the 2.1 version into the 2.2 apk then you just pack it all back up. just be sure that the file name matches. the only one that comes to mind specifically is the phone default icon. (also the file size changed on this one so you need to use a photo editing software to resize the image and place it on the new size canvas/file name.)

converting them gets confusing because it is a lot of folders of the same name opened right next to each other on your screen but if I can do it on a 10" netbook I'm sure you can handle it.

Best of luck hope that wasn't too confusing but if you are making themes all of that should make sense to you.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods