PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 10:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
htc sense screen rotation?

Anyway to get it to rotate the lock screen and the main home screen with the weather and time on it? I dont want a replacement but just wanna rotate it I have it on its kick stand at the pc and makes it so much easier to use but the screen being in its normal position is a tad annoying lol
Old 06-09-2010, 11:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Re: htc sense screen rotation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
Anyway to get it to rotate the lock screen and the main home screen with the weather and time on it? I dont want a replacement but just wanna rotate it I have it on its kick stand at the pc and makes it so much easier to use but the screen being in its normal position is a tad annoying lol
There has been no way to do it as of yet. Never worked on the Hero, or other sense device. Maybe once the MyTouch 3G Slide gets into people's hands, this will change. But for the time being, if you need the home screen rotated, you have to download a home replacement from the market. My personal favorite is LauncherPro Beta.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:02 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
There has been no way to do it as of yet. Never worked on the Hero, or other sense device. Maybe once the MyTouch 3G Slide gets into people's hands, this will change. But for the time being, if you need the home screen rotated, you have to download a home replacement from the market. My personal favorite is LauncherPro Beta.
darn well I guess I can wait funny thing is when I unlock it and bring somethign up it does rotate so at least we know it has the ability just doesnt stick yet
Old 06-09-2010, 11:07 AM
VIP Member

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
darn well I guess I can wait funny thing is when I unlock it and bring somethign up it does rotate so at least we know it has the ability just doesnt stick yet
Individual apps have the ability to use the accelerometer (sp?), like the browser, text messaging, etc to rotate the screen. But the sense ui doesn't have that ability right now. Even vanilla android doesn't support home screen rotation on non qwerty devices.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:13 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Individual apps have the ability to use the accelerometer (sp?), like the browser, text messaging, etc to rotate the screen. But the sense ui doesn't have that ability right now. Even vanilla android doesn't support home screen rotation on non qwerty devices.
true but when I get an incoming text it rotates the UI sense if its on the kick stand idoesnt look pretty but it rotates for a second I will have to capture a picture when it does it
Old 06-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Even vanilla android doesn't support home screen rotation on non qwerty devices.
you sure about that? im pretty sure launcherpro and adw have landscape homescreens even on non qwertys. even though theyre addons i still consider them vanilla android
Old 06-09-2010, 11:22 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Last edited by ajac; 06-09-2010 at 11:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:28 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
you sure about that? im pretty sure launcherpro and adw have landscape homescreens even on non qwertys. even though theyre addons i still consider them vanilla android
The Vanilla Android launcher does not support this on non-qwerty devices, which is what I was referring to. ADW Launcher, LauncherPro, and others do support home screen rotation.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Anybody have any luck getting the phone to switch to landscape for entering appointments in the calendar?
Old 06-09-2010, 01:14 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdauria View Post
Anybody have any luck getting the phone to switch to landscape for entering appointments in the calendar?
Calendar is portrait-only for me.

Ninja-edit: check the market. There may be a calendar there that supports rotation.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods