PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodizzel View Post
Actually you don't need root to make your phone look like that. Nothing there requires it. But yeah, we'll get you sorted.

You need:
WidgetLocker
LauncherPro Plus
Beautiful Widgets
Minimalistic Text Widget
SMS Unread Count Widget
Wallpaper 1
Wallpaper 2
Stuff from this theme on DeviantArt

For the lockscreen, set the wallpaper, remove all the sliders from the screen and then add a 3x1 minimalistic text widget and put your clock and date or whatever else you want on there. I set the horizontal block to center but then justified the horizontal text to the right to get that look. Next add the SMS Unread Count Widget(s). Look inside the 'Bapedroid' file you downloaded from DeviantArt and look in the 'icons' folder. There will be icons called 'roundwhite_call.png' , 'roundwhite_sms.png' and 'roundwhite_mail.png'. Extract those and then put them on your phone. Instructions for using custom icons in SMS Unread Count widget are covered two or three posts up from this so I won't go into in this post.

Now for the home screen I've set a transparent .png for the dock icons. The shortcuts are still there, just no visible icon. For the clock/date/weather/battery I started with a 4x1 minimalistic text widget and added the items I wanted. In this case its the clock/date/weather/battery. You could add whatever you wanted. I set that up then added the Beautiful Widgets 4x1 weather with today's weather hidden and the 'Shiny' theme applied. Move the weather where you want it and then squeeze it into 3 spaces instead of 4. Then squeeze your minimalistic text into 2 spaces instead of 4 and put it to the left of the weather. Then just stretch the minimalistic text widget right over the weather widget and if you added them in that order, the weather will be on top of the minimalistic text widget.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask.
This has been one of the most helpful post I've read in a long time. Thanks.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

Taco is a n00b
Re: [NSFW] Post Your Homescreens!!!

Thank you! A dumb question. will I be installing all these things on my computer or the actual phone?
Old 04-20-2011, 06:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

The actual phone.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Brodizzel is keeping up the good workBrodizzel is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco View Post
Thank you! A dumb question. will I be installing all these things on my computer or the actual phone?
Yeah. Sorry. Sometimes I get to going and leave out some bits. Those apps will all go on your phone and I didn't go into any of them too much because they're pretty straight forward. The learning curve for those apps/widgets is pretty small. That's not to say that you'll know everything about them in 5 minutes but that setup doesn't require you to dig too deep in the settings for any of them.

disclaimer: I take no credit for anything in my DropBox.
It's all just stuff I've gathered from sources too numerous to recall.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Lurker
Carrier: SPRINT

Taco is a n00b

Quote:
Yeah. Sorry. Sometimes I get to going and leave out some bits. Those apps will all go on your phone and I didn't go into any of them too much because they're pretty straight forward. The learning curve for those apps/widgets is pretty small. That's not to say that you'll know everything about them in 5 minutes but that setup doesn't require you to dig too deep in the settings for any of them.
downloaded most the stuff. going to try tonight. One of the wallpapers seems to be down though.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Here you go. I've just attached them here. Sorry about that.

Good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brown.jpg (207.3 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg df1589c.jpg (105.3 KB, 52 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sah0724 is a n00b

Quote:
Going a bit minimal this week...

How do you get that? I would appreciate it. I have minimal text but it's hard to use and I have weather elite.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sah0724 View Post
How do you get that? I would appreciate it. I have minimal text but it's hard to use and I have weather elite.
I believe this is about the best way to explain it (but maybe not)...

For the clock/date/weather/battery I started with a 4x1 minimalistic text widget and added the items I wanted. In this case its the clock/date/weather/battery. You could add whatever you wanted. I set that up then added the Beautiful Widgets 4x1 weather with today's weather hidden and the 'Shiny' theme applied. Move the weather where you want it and then squeeze it into 3 spaces instead of 4. Then squeeze your minimalistic text into 2 spaces instead of 4 and put it to the left of the weather. Then just stretch the minimalistic text widget right over the weather widget and if you added them in that order, the weather will be on top of the minimalistic text widget.

I don't know much about weatherbug so I don't know if there's a widget like the one mentioned showing the forecast or not. There ARE however free alternatives to Beautiful Widgets. Look for Snow Storm and Weather Forecast Widget. Those will yield the same result.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sah0724 is a n00b
Quote:
I believe this is about the best way to explain it (but maybe not)...

For the clock/date/weather/battery I started with a 4x1 minimalistic text widget and added the items I wanted. In this case its the clock/date/weather/battery. You could add whatever you wanted. I set that up then added the Beautiful Widgets 4x1 weather with today's weather hidden and the 'Shiny' theme applied. Move the weather where you want it and then squeeze it into 3 spaces instead of 4. Then squeeze your minimalistic text into 2 spaces instead of 4 and put it to the left of the weather. Then just stretch the minimalistic text widget right over the weather widget and if you added them in that order, the weather will be on top of the minimalistic text widget.

I don't know much about weatherbug so I don't know if there's a widget like the one mentioned showing the forecast or not. There ARE however free alternatives to Beautiful Widgets. Look for Snow Storm and Weather Forecast Widget. Those will yield the same result.
I don't know how to add the beautiful widgets weather into minimalist text. I understand everything else.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2011, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sah0724 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms30250 View Post
What clock is that?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods