PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Brodizzel is keeping up the good workBrodizzel is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [NSFW] Post Your Homescreens!!!

Going a bit minimal this week...

disclaimer: I take no credit for anything in my DropBox.
It's all just stuff I've gathered from sources too numerous to recall.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rooted Evo 4g

joey132 is a n00b

Old 04-10-2011, 04:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodizzel View Post

Very Nice B. Hey man can you help me with SMS Unread Count? I dropped some incons in the proper folder I think but don't see an option when I launch the widget to select Custom Icons. What am I doing Wrong? Can you go over the Steps? Do I need to purchase a paid version? Lost here!
Old 04-10-2011, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddbody View Post
Very Nice B. Hey man can you help me with SMS Unread Count? I dropped some incons in the proper folder I think but don't see an option when I launch the widget to select Custom Icons. What am I doing Wrong? Can you go over the Steps? Do I need to purchase a paid version? Lost here!
Sho nuff. When you select SMS Unread Count from your widget menu it pops up the box to set the options. Click on the default icon. (see exhibit a) Once you tap on the icon it'll bring up another screen for you to select one of the icons you put into the /sdcard/data/blahblahblahfolder and you're golden. (see exhibit b)

(exhibit a)

(exhibit b)

Hope that helps you out brother.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

Quote:
Sho nuff. When you select SMS Unread Count from your widget menu it pops up the box to set the options. Click on the default icon. (see exhibit a) Once you tap on the icon it'll bring up another screen for you to select one of the icons you put into the /sdcard/data/blahblahblahfolder and you're golden. (see exhibit b)

(exhibit a)

(exhibit b)

Hope that helps you out brother.
Okay I figured as much. Which folder should my modified Icons be in? The one I have been putting them in apparently isn't correct?
Old 04-10-2011, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

/sdcard/data/com.kanokgems.smswidget
Old 04-16-2011, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

What I'm running this week...

Old 04-19-2011, 12:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

Taco is a n00b

Quote:

Im finally taking possession of an EVO tomorrow..could you PM me or guide me to getting my phone exactly as captured above? I know you need to root and have bookmarked that page. Thank you
Old 04-19-2011, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

What's up everyone! I just got my EVO a few days ago. I'm coming from a TP2 so I've much to learn. I haven't really done any major modding yet, so forgive the plain look of my home page, but I just wanted to drop in and say hi!

I'm a supernoob when it comes to Android so I'll be in here frequently to keep up with what's new. So go easy on me and keep the fresh lookin' screenies comin'!

Oh, and by the way, does anyone already have this wallpaper that they can post? I'd like to use it for my TP2. Or can someone tell me how to go about finding it on the phone so I can copy it?

Last edited by Sharkie405; 04-19-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco View Post
Im finally taking possession of an EVO tomorrow..could you PM me or guide me to getting my phone exactly as captured above? I know you need to root and have bookmarked that page. Thank you
Actually you don't need root to make your phone look like that. Nothing there requires it. But yeah, we'll get you sorted.

You need:
WidgetLocker
LauncherPro Plus
Beautiful Widgets
Minimalistic Text Widget
SMS Unread Count Widget
Wallpaper 1
Wallpaper 2
Stuff from this theme on DeviantArt

For the lockscreen, set the wallpaper, remove all the sliders from the screen and then add a 3x1 minimalistic text widget and put your clock and date or whatever else you want on there. I set the horizontal block to center but then justified the horizontal text to the right to get that look. Next add the SMS Unread Count Widget(s). Look inside the 'Bapedroid' file you downloaded from DeviantArt and look in the 'icons' folder. There will be icons called 'roundwhite_call.png' , 'roundwhite_sms.png' and 'roundwhite_mail.png'. Extract those and then put them on your phone. Instructions for using custom icons in SMS Unread Count widget are covered two or three posts up from this so I won't go into in this post.

Now for the home screen I've set a transparent .png for the dock icons. The shortcuts are still there, just no visible icon. For the clock/date/weather/battery I started with a 4x1 minimalistic text widget and added the items I wanted. In this case its the clock/date/weather/battery. You could add whatever you wanted. I set that up then added the Beautiful Widgets 4x1 weather with today's weather hidden and the 'Shiny' theme applied. Move the weather where you want it and then squeeze it into 3 spaces instead of 4. Then squeeze your minimalistic text into 2 spaces instead of 4 and put it to the left of the weather. Then just stretch the minimalistic text widget right over the weather widget and if you added them in that order, the weather will be on top of the minimalistic text widget.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods