PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 03:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Emily33 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Issues after software update -

PLEASE HELP ME

Phone: Evo 4G LTE

I upgraded to a Evo4G LTE from the regular Evo 4G for about two weeks. A few days ago I got a Software Update in the notification bar, and assumed it was something I should do.
After the update, texting apps have been jacked up. (Handcent and the regular text app that comes on the phone)
  • I'm getting error/fail notices on texts that ARE actually going though, and vice versa. When sending longer texts, only the first portion is going through. The microphone to voice text is missing in Handcent. And I'm receiving texts from "8737" with subject that looks like code or something? (here is part of one) ://:1563:1365320313704:CW3:C:uabFpXfuilvABNbUqOA7Mw==
  • Only other thing I've noticed is that the Power Saver is permanently showing in my notification bar, regardless of whether it's on/off. And it wasn't there before the update.

I was told that because I didn't do a backup before the software update, that I can't set the phone back to how it was. And because I don't know how or truly understand rooting, hard re-setting or any of the things you tech gods can do lol. And I know there are viedos and step by step tutorials, but I'm scared if I try it, and something goes wrong, or if it needs further things done to it...I won't even know, muchless know how to do them.

So I guess my exact question is: If I don't know how to truly customize my phone by rooting ect. Should I just exchange my phone for either another LTE one and don't do any software updates? Or is there any possible way to do root just one time and never have to do anything like that to the phone again...maybe it's not as complicated as I'm imagining?

I was already half way considering going back to the first Evo because of issues with the camera. ( not related to software update)
- Losing focus, not re-auto focusing
- Low quality or "sharpness"
I've looked at multiple other android forum sites about this, but everyone on these sites already has a rooted phone ect, so I can't use their "fixes".
If you've heard similar camera experiences...maybe I should just go back to the regular Evo 4G?

I'm so sorry for this post being so long, I just don't know what else to do and I'm so incredibly frustrated. Neither Sprint or the separate Tech Support I paid for have helped me. And other forums I think get annoyed with how knowledgeable I am, or just don't respond at all.
ANY help would be soooo greatly appreciated. And if it would be easier to talk on IM or something, send me a PM.
Thanks
emily

Last edited by Emily33; 04-06-2013 at 10:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-12-2013, 01:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Issues after software update -

Hey, sorry to hear about your situation. Did you resolve it yet? If not, I would try hard resetting. You don't have to be a tech god to do that. Go to Settings/Backup & Reset/Reset Phone and then hit the "Reset Phone" button. You will loose all settings and downloaded apps. If you have lots of them I would grab an app like "My backup root" or something and back up all your apps to your sd card or internal storage. If you don't want to do that, you can always find them in your "All Apps" list at the Play Store to redownload. Obviously all things in your Google cloud (contacts etc...) will sync with your device again once you re-login to your Google acct.

If you don't really even feel like doing that and you have insurance, I think you should be able to get a new LTE from Sprint, considering all the issues you mentioned.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pocket pc
Carrier: airtel

semontuffel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Issues after software update -

Many types of problem create after software update so it's a problem for updating so you are updating software that time you should show that all setting and receive it's so not problem create.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE