PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G LTE (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420)
-   -   Does It need a screen protector (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=150961)

Amamba 08-31-2012 05:47 PM

Does It need a screen protector

Gorilla glass is supposed to be very scratch resistant. OTOH I
am a wuss when if comes to screen scratches. On 3rd hand :) unless you change protectors all the time, all you see is scratches anyway.

What do you do ?

Karl 08-31-2012 07:56 PM

Re: Does It need a screen protector

get a zagg and a case if anything it helps with resale value

Sonin66 09-01-2012 12:18 AM

im sorry but if you said yourself your a wuss when it comes to screen scratches...you just basically answered your own question! i always put on a screen protector and eventually i just get tired of replaces the protector(zagg) and just leave it off like i did with my og evo. only changed the protector twice and got sick of it.

EyeB 09-01-2012 01:43 AM

lifehacker/gawker had posts recently about how sand scratches screens still, better to put on a protector and forget about it. I put one on my tp2 and it's still good, havent been replaced yet and since it looks good, I'm assumine screen does too :D I don't remove it to check lol. Plus online you can get protecters for $1 or less, or a little more, not that expensive since you paid more in taxes to own the phone

2k4mach 09-02-2012 02:19 PM

Even with gorilla glass I still got an invisible shield on mine. The newer hd version is pretty nice

sent from my LTEVO

Amamba 09-02-2012 04:26 PM

Thanks all, I ordered a cheap protector to use until I decide on something better.

pinkbunniz 09-10-2012 08:33 PM

I got a zagg on mine and personally they said that the original photon was supposed to be scratch resistant too but i still see tons of them with scratches on the screen. Im such a girl when it comes to the conditions of my phones they cant have a scratch or ding on them ever. i am always one with a screen protector and case on it.

OMJ 09-11-2012 02:58 PM

I've never used a screen protector on any of my EVO's, but I always keep them in the HTC leather case. I baby my phones, and they always stay in pristine condition.

nasa1303 11-29-2012 09:27 PM

I never use screen protectors either but I got lucky and traded my s2 for a MINT LTE EVO and am seriously considering a invisible shield because my 3d does have one or two very light scratches after about a year and a half of "babying" it.

Sent from my EVO on the PPCGeeks App

NinjaMom 11-29-2012 09:34 PM

Clairvue.com

Reasonable and you can barely tell they are on the phone.