PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 08:30 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Slot Cycle Index (SCI) Still Work's !

Anyone still do this. I have done it on all my phones from back to the touch 6900 and still works great. Just set the evo lte at 1.
You can tweak your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) to make your phone poll the tower more often. This makes your texts and phone calls come through quicker. This setting is a trade off between lag (most noticeable when receiving calls) and battery life. The default value on our phones is 2. Every step of 1 adds 1.28 seconds to the poll time, so at a value of 2 it is only polling every 5 seconds or so. Most people lower this to 1, so the phone polls every 2.5 seconds. This won't affect battery life much in areas of good coverage, but may impact it noticeably if you're in a poor reception area. Your Access Overload Class (ACCOLC) determines your phone's priority on the cell tower. The higher the number, the lower the priority.

First thing you must do is get your MSL.# Theres a MSL Reader on the app store. "you have to have root for it to work" or call sprint to get the code.
Then go to your phone dialer and put in ##3282#
Then "Edit Mode"
Advanced
Slot cycle index
Edit it to what you won't save and it will restart.

Thanks T M Z

Last edited by tmz; 06-07-2012 at 08:44 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:15 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: Slot Cycle Index (SCI) Still Work's !

thanks for the reminder....I don't think I've changed SCI since my Touch days, lol

Last edited by OMJ; 06-07-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:21 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Slot Cycle Index (SCI) Still Work's !

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
thanks for the reminder....I don't I've changed SCI since my Touch days, lol
The good old days. lol ...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE