PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G LTE (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420)
-   -   What do you LOVE (or not love) about your ELTE? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=150191)

OMJ 05-29-2012 02:58 PM

What do you LOVE (or not love) about your ELTE?

For starters, I love the form factor, I love the bigger beautiful screen, and how thin & light it is. I pick up my 3D, and it just feels clunky now. Next, even though Sense 3.6 is similar to 4.0, there are definitely alot more coolness w/ Sense 4.0. Battery life seem awesome so far, I was testing over the weekend & had 56hrs b4 charging!

2 things I don't like is the missing menu button, but there is already a hack to convert the recent apps button to a menu button. And the missing quicksettings, but again, there is already a hack to add it back :D

So what do you LOVE about it?

http://up.ppcgeeks.com/EVOLTE/Users/...8_20-40-19.png

rootlinux 05-29-2012 03:59 PM

That is awesomesouce right there.
Still have not got mine but I will soon.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

princem131 05-29-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 2179955)
For starters, I love the form factor, I love the bigger beautiful screen, and how thin & light it is. I pick up my 3D, and it just feels clunky now. Next, even though Sense 3.6 is similar to 4.0, there are definitely alot more coolness w/ Sense 4.0. Battery life seem awesome so far, I was testing over the weekend & had 56hrs b4 charging!

2 things I don't like is the missing menu button, but there is already a hack to convert the recent apps button to a menu button. And the missing quicksettings, but again, there is already a hack to add it back :D

So what do you LOVE about it?

http://up.ppcgeeks.com/EVOLTE/Users/...8_20-40-19.png

I agree with all that you said. I love everything about it except this annoying multitasking! But I won't rant more about it here I've already got a thread for that lol.

Where can we find those mods and does the menu one remove the stupid soft menu key?

Positive Vibrations

OMJ 05-29-2012 06:01 PM

Re: What do you LOVE (or not love) about your ELTE?

Quote:

Originally Posted by princem131 (Post 2179961)
I agree with all that you said. I love everything about it except this annoying multitasking! But I won't rant more about it here I've already got a thread for that lol.

Where can we find those mods and does the menu one remove the stupid soft menu key?

Positive Vibrations

I have not followed the thread in a couple days, but it sounded like the plan was also to get rid of the soft menu key...

[Mod] Map Recent Apps Soft Key to Menu - xda-developers

downsouthballa 05-29-2012 06:33 PM

the clock doesnt flip ,,, i just like that.....LOL and not being able to remove battery...

NinjaMom 05-29-2012 07:11 PM

How do you go two days? Do you even use the phone? Lol

How did you condition the battery?

chong67 05-29-2012 11:02 PM

Is the speaker louder than on the 3D?

mikejones13 05-29-2012 11:23 PM

I love how loud the speaker is. The kickstand is just awesome, beautiful screen and LOVE the snapshot with the camera... That is very usefull

I miss the search button, and I hate this multi-tasking with refreshing the screen. Hopefully we get the update the one x got.

NinjaMom 05-30-2012 07:29 AM

I agree with the above with the exception of the multi-tasking. I love the multi-tasking.

Nibis 05-30-2012 08:10 AM

I pretty much agree with all, but one thing I dislike, is the charging port on the side

NinjaMom 05-30-2012 08:17 AM

I like where the charging port is. Can set the phone in my cup holder to charge and play music to my car.

Nibis 05-30-2012 10:53 AM

I use to do that to, but would just turn it upside down. Kinda suck if you have a call and the cord is sticking out the side. It's also nice they brought the feature back, when you lay the phone on it's face while talking, it goes to speaker phone, I missed that from my TP2.

OMJ 05-30-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 2179985)

no conditioning, just using it, but I don't live on my phone....I usually pick up my laptop b4 the phone.

I'm on day # 2 right now, 33% after 27+ hrs.

also...got 3 POP3 accounts checking every 30min, push gmail, push Exchange,

princem131 05-30-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 2180059)
no conditioning, just using it, but I don't live on my phone....I usually pick up my laptop b4 the phone.

I'm on day # 2 right now, 33% after 27+ hrs.

also...got 3 POP3 accounts checking every 30min, push gmail, push Exchange,

That explains it! I'm actually on my laptop less and less between my phone and tablet. My phone especially with this huge new screen! :-D

Positive Vibrations

OMJ 05-30-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princem131 (Post 2180093)
That explains it! I'm actually on my laptop less and less between my phone and tablet. My phone especially with this huge new screen! :-D

Positive Vibrations

oh & I have NFC turned off, that must be it, lol ;)

but really, battery is still far better than the 3D...

princem131 05-30-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 2180094)
oh & I have NFC turned off, that must be it, lol ;)

but really, battery is still far better than the 3D...

Lol! Agreed much better than 3D.

How much do you think NFC does effect battery? Figured it's negilable

Positive Vibrations

Vancer 05-30-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 2179985)

Wut she said! Lol ! ... Come on buddy if you post a ss of 2 days of battery you gotta give up a ss of that display time! Hehe

:P

http://img.tapatalk.com/4898c0c3-dea5-cb7c.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/4898c0c3-deb3-62a6.jpg

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk

OMJ 05-31-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princem131 (Post 2180108)
Lol! Agreed much better than 3D.

How much do you think NFC does effect battery? Figured it's negilable

Positive Vibrations

yeah I'm sure in minimal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vancer (Post 2180130)
Wut she said! Lol ! ... Come on buddy if you post a ss of 2 days of battery you gotta give up a ss of that display time! Hehe

:P

lol, I didn't know that was necessary.....next time....I'm on a fresh charge

basilray 05-31-2012 12:21 PM

I'm really missing the search button. I used it for voice commands daily.

Other than that...ICS is slick, huge screen, and it's very light. Despite the fact it's about 1/2 the weight of the Evo 4g, the LTE feels like it is built better than the original.

yachtspecco 05-31-2012 05:38 PM

Ok, Ive had my elte since Tuesday morning ($158.00 at Walmart) and besides the initial disappointment of the battery only being 12% charged when I picked it up and having to wait to plug in to set it up, THIS THING IS THE BEST!!!
I started out with a Mogul and then TP, TP-2, EVO 4g, Evo 3d and this is the best of all put together with more screen real estate, great camera, surf and talk simultaneously on 3g, lightning fast scrolling, twice battery life of 3d. My only peeve is the thin edge tablet style case is uncomfortable for my big old hands to hang on to. I just feel like it going to slip out of my fingers whenever I pull it out of my belt holster. Picked up a nice "P something" commuter style case that includes a really herkin solid rotating belt clip holster with a pad to protect the screen at Best Buy for $34.95 and I'm headed to the Sprint store to see if it fits in the car dock with the insert pulled out. The black and white case sprint has for $29.95 does fit the dock but doesn't have the holster clip included. If it fits I won't need the horizontal leather pouch which was always a pain to get the 3d / O-box commuter out easily to answer a call. There's almost nothing I don't like about this phone. Oh and it also has the optional wireless HD media connector that allows you to play a movie, youtube or show pics from your phone wirelessly to the TV in HD for $89.95. Might just have to get that too...:geek:
John

apeas2 05-31-2012 11:16 PM

I don't like how the charging port on the side inhibits the use of the kickstand. I also miss the desk clock.

AB33 05-31-2012 11:52 PM

I seem to like everything about the phone so far, but I do miss having the luxury of stashing my 3 spare batteries at work, in the car, and at home. Battery life seems good, but I still ordered one of those battery back up devices. When I was setting up all my information, data, transferring files, etc. (3000+ contacts, 6000+ texts, email accounts, home screen folder setups, 20GB of sd card data, and 150 apps) sense seemed to slow down on the home screen, I think the 1GB RAM was doing too much. Once I went back to regular use, I didn't have any problems.

princem131 06-01-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apeas2 (Post 2180231)
I don't like how the charging port on the side inhibits the use of the kickstand. I also miss the desk clock.

You can flip it the other way so the charging port is accessible. The kickstand was made to be able to support the phone on either side and even in portrait.

Positive Vibrations

SeventhGen 06-02-2012 02:07 AM

I don't like how there's no NEWS app and that the camera doesn't have a front cam/back cam on toggle. I can't find the file to add my city in the weather app, in the OG EVO there was a zip file in system/etc. I also prefer a MENU button over a RECENT button...I seen the mods but I'm waiting for s-off.

Sent using the PPCGeeks app

rootlinux 06-03-2012 09:42 PM

There is no news app?
What about the news and weather widget?

SeventhGen 06-04-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 2180407)
There is no news app?
What about the news and weather widget?

The news tab in the weather app is just for weather news, I was looking for the RSS news app or a similar app that's on the OG Evo. I was trying to look in HTC hub but their server is down.

NinjaMom 06-04-2012 07:40 AM

Pretty sure it its in the hub.

tmz 06-04-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeventhGen (Post 2180323)
I don't like how there's no NEWS app and that the camera doesn't have a front cam/back cam on toggle. I can't find the file to add my city in the weather app, in the OG EVO there was a zip file in system/etc. I also prefer a MENU button over a RECENT button...I seen the mods but I'm waiting for s-off.

Hope this helps. Thanks T M Z
News and Weather app - xda-developers

SeventhGen 06-05-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmz (Post 2180441)
Hope this helps. Thanks T M Z
News and Weather app - xda-developers

Right on TMZ...I tried it but I ended up trying Google Reader after, its cool so far.

@ NinjaMom it wasn't in the Hub.

Thanks

big jake 06-10-2012 01:03 AM

ok this is about to be a dumb question lol but is there no way to turn on regular 4g? or is the lte supposed to be automatic? if i cant even use 4g without it being lte (lte not in my area) i might take this phone back :/

OMJ 06-10-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big jake (Post 2180906)
ok this is about to be a dumb question lol but is there no way to turn on regular 4g? or is the lte supposed to be automatic? if i cant even use 4g without it being lte (lte not in my area) i might take this phone back :/

current 4g - wimax
very soon future 4g - LTE

this phone has no wimax radio, only LTE, wimax will be phased out in the next few yrs.

princem131 06-10-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big jake (Post 2180906)

Sorry to break it to you but yeah, no 4G until LTE. The current 4G is WiMAX which uses a completely different radio. So older 4G phones don't work with LTE and LTE ones can't work with WiMAX. A huge downer for many. I don't use it much as it is so no biggie. 3G does seem to be better on the E4GLTE than on my E3D tho. And when we do get LTE it SHOULD be far superior to WiMAX. Battery with 4G LTE should be better than on WiMAX too with these new S4 SOC's and the integrated 4G radio.

This multi tasking on the other hand does have me ready to look at other options. I'm ready to toss this thing even with the mods to scale it back its still frustrating. I just want stock ICS multitasking the one on the E3D ICS was perfect for me. I hope custom roms will allow me to return to that :-/

Edit: Oops didn't see OMJ reply lol

Positive Vibrations

Touche' 06-12-2012 04:45 AM

So... I have yet to pick up the ELTE, as I actually use 4G more than the average user. I work from home, and sometimes our crappy Charter Service craps out, which is when I turn on 4G and use my 3VO as a wireless hotspot.

I've heen thinking about picking it up the last week, because Charter identified the (wiring) issue, and hooked us up with an amazing package for a year. HOWEVER, now I keep hearing about this multitaksing issue, and was wondering if someone could explain it to me, or hook me up with a link to an explaination/video. I mean, even some people in this thread talked about returning it due to this.

Sorry for asking... I tried to find (searched) info on this, but I couldn't find anything.

princem131 06-12-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touche' (Post 2181053)
So... I have yet to pick up the ELTE, as I actually use 4G more than the average user. I work from home, and sometimes our crappy Charter Service craps out, which is when I turn on 4G and use my 3VO as a wireless hotspot.

I've heen thinking about picking it up the last week, because Charter identified the (wiring) issue, and hooked us up with an amazing package for a year. HOWEVER, now I keep hearing about this multitaksing issue, and was wondering if someone could explain it to me, or hook me up with a link to an explaination/video. I mean, even some people in this thread talked about returning it due to this.

Sorry for asking... I tried to find (searched) info on this, but I couldn't find anything.

Ok here's a video of the issue on a One X, but it's exactly the same.

http://www.fun47.com/htc-one-x-and-s...-multitasking/

As the honeymoon with this phone wears off I am really getting frustrated. I want it to work and am clinging to the hope that devs will be able to address the major issues.. I absolutely HATE this multitasking. I mean this is why I don't want an iPhone. I use my phone as my primary computing device, multitasking is a must! This crap even with the tweaks (unless I did them wrong), is useless. There also seems to be a noticeable loss of signal strength from my 3VO. I really am missing it with OMJ's ICS rom.. If I could just get that software with this hardware I'd be good... Everyday I'm reluctantly starting to consider my possible options to jump ship for the SGSIII and I really don't want to do that (nor do I know how I would at this point) but this multitasking is unforgivable. Please let a custom rom save this phone for me!

I'm also optimistic that a new back cover with improved antennas may one day surface. Smh I really want to keep loving this phone but if I'm loosing functions my first Android the HTC Hero had years ago that is a fail that I can't over look.

Positive Vibrations

Touche' 06-13-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princem131 (Post 2181071)
Ok here's a video of the issue on a One X, but it's exactly the same.

HTC One X and S Disappointing In Terms Of Multitasking?

As the honeymoon with this phone wears off I am really getting frustrated. I want it to work and am clinging to the hope that devs will be able to address the major issues.. I absolutely HATE this multitasking. I mean this is why I don't want an iPhone. I use my phone as my primary computing device, multitasking is a must! This crap even with the tweaks (unless I did them wrong), is useless. There also seems to be a noticeable loss of signal strength from my 3VO. I really am missing it with OMJ's ICS rom.. If I could just get that software with this hardware I'd be good... Everyday I'm reluctantly starting to consider my possible options to jump ship for the SGSIII and I really don't want to do that (nor do I know how I would at this point) but this multitasking is unforgivable. Please let a custom rom save this phone for me!

I'm also optimistic that a new back cover with improved antennas may one day surface. Smh I really want to keep loving this phone but if I'm loosing functions my first Android the HTC Hero had years ago that is a fail that I can't over look.

Positive Vibrations

Ahhh, I see. So it just keeps closing recent apps, then...? It's almost kind of funny, since sooo many people couldn't stand how apps would remain running in the background. A lot of people were desperately looking for ways to stop that from happening. Now, a lot of people seem agitated that this is now built in. Still, though... I understand the issue. That does kind of suck.

Anyway, THANKS for the reply!

OMJ 06-13-2012 06:14 AM

@princem131 have u tried deleting or renaming wiper.apk?

been reading about this...

Possible fix for multi tasking - xda-developers

Vancer 06-13-2012 04:05 PM

I was running Viper's values but just playing with RTB right now and first indications seems a bit better... Using "minimal" preset

princem131 06-15-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 2181129)
@princem131 have u tried deleting or renaming wiper.apk?

been reading about this...

Possible fix for multi tasking - xda-developers

Hadn't seen that yet I may have to give it a shot. Loaded Viper last night and multitasking seems much better. Still gotta give your rom a whirl when I get some time. I'm feeling better that the community will take care of this!

Positive Vibrations

Fosters 06-16-2012 12:55 AM

the proximity sensor and the zagg screen protector don't cooperate... when i'm on the phone and need to access the phone for anything (text, email, contacts, etc), i hit power to turn the screen on, and the stupid sensor senses the screen protector and shuts off the screen as soon as I touch the screen... Unbelievably annoying, I'm gonna cut a piece of that screen protector thing I think... Other than that, the battery life amazes me every time.

Oh, and there's no way to deal in spider solitaire, because there's no search key. My bathroom activities have been reduced to Forty Thieves only :(

princem131 06-17-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fosters (Post 2181330)
Oh, and there's no way to deal in spider solitaire, because there's no search key. My bathroom activities have been reduced to Forty Thieves only :(

If you're rooted there is a mod to use your camera button for search. Half press for search, hold half press for voice search, and hold full press still launches camera. I love it! I was really missing my search button.

Positive Vibrations