PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1
Mobile Network disconnecting

Anyone experience this yet.

I’ve always kept my Mobile network on. From Evo 4G, to Evo 3D. And all platforms prior. The only time I ever turn it off is if I’m out and about, and no way to charge and battery is extremely low just to conserve juice.

My buddy who has the ELTE too, told me this Monday that his 4G icon popped on. We are both in the Chicago area so I was like no way.

To make a long story short, I changed my roaming from LTE to CDMA. Then back to LTE/CDMA. Ever since then, randomly while trying to download basic stuff from market, or surfing net, the phone won’t connect and I get error msg that says check network settings to resolve

I checked my network and while the it shows that the network is switched on, the status says disconnected. Getting annoying to have to turn off mobile network, then back on, just to finish my download or surfing.

Anybody have this problem or possible fix for it?

I am stock, non rooted.

Screenshot attached doesn't show the issue at the time but shows where I'm talking about being disconnected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-07-06_09-47-49.jpg (6.5 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE, Galaxy S3

hyattdriver is becoming a great contributor
I'm having the same problems, also weather on lock screen and clock always says 87 partly cloudy with thunderstorms

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-06-2012, 09:56 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
And here I thought I was the only one... I just moved into a new house and figured I was just in a poor reception area...

Multiple times a day I have the same issue.. says disconnected but switch says on.... No 4g here though, not even WiMAX... Mines in 3g only
Old 07-08-2012, 09:27 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: Mobile Network disconnecting

I've never seen that issue....

Have u tried update profile? or u could try resetting your data profile by doing a ##72786#

if still no luck, call Sprint
Old 07-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz
Do you live in LTE area? If not change in mobile network options to cdma only then also check the boxes for domestic data and domestic voice works great for me so far
I've been telling my customers this as well

Old 07-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I've never seen that issue....

Have u tried update profile? or u could try resetting your data profile by doing a ##72786#

if still no luck, call Sprint
OMJ, I haven't done any of that because I was afraid of doing some type of update that might break root or break option to root since I hstill haven't gotten around to rooting.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbunniz View Post
Do you live in LTE area? If not change in mobile network options to cdma only then also check the boxes for domestic data and domestic voice works great for me so far
I've been telling my customers this as well

At Pinkbunniz, that was the 1st thing I've tried. When you ask do I live in an LTE area, yes. But Sprint doesn't have LTE in my area yet altho a week or so ago, my phone and my buddy's phone popped into 4G. We both have EVO LTE's and bot live in north burbs of Chicago.

Didn't get to test it tho because it was rando and we were at work when it happened.

Another friend of mine thought maybe we were roaming on another carriers LTE network. But I don't think that's possible and I don't believe Sprint even has roaming agreements with LTE with other carriers yet.

II have a screenshot of it but I can't upload it for some reason
Old 07-12-2012, 12:05 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 View Post
OMJ, I haven't done any of that because I was afraid of doing some type of update that might break root or break option to root since I hstill haven't gotten around to rooting.
you wouldn't lose root....
Old 07-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Good to know. Once I get unpacked from movng a rooting I will go.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

had the same problem off and on. today was extremely bad, dunno if its due to sprint finally starting to light up LTE around here.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE