PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo 4g LTE
Carrier: SPRINT

downsouthballa is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile White HTC EVO 4G LTE can be S-OFFed with LazyPanda

The white HTC EVO 4G LTE is for sale right now online, through telesales, and in Sprint stores nationwide, but many people have been hesitant to pick one up for one simple reason: they want to get S-OFF. As we know by now, the latest OTA update for the EVO 4G LTE patches the exploit that allowed S-OFF, and it has been unclear whether or not the white EVO came with the OTA update preinstalled.

Luckily, reports have started to trickle in from individuals who have picked up a white EVO 4G LTE, and it looks like it comes with the launch-date software, version 1.13.651.1. This means that the white EVO can be S-OFFed using the LazyPanda exploit, as long as you don’t perform any software updates after getting the device.

This means that, if you get it in a store, you’ll have to be very vigilant that the employee who helps you doesn’t update anything. I’ve found that it’s usually enough to say that I’ll set everything up myself when I get home, and they’ll hand me the phone right away after activating it.

Follow My Steps here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...step-step.html

Last edited by downsouthballa; 07-16-2012 at 08:47 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE