PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G LTE (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420)
-   -   What do you LOVE (or not love) about your ELTE? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=150191)

apeas2 05-31-2012 11:16 PM

Re: What do you LOVE (or not love) about your ELTE?

I don't like how the charging port on the side inhibits the use of the kickstand. I also miss the desk clock.

AB33 05-31-2012 11:52 PM

I seem to like everything about the phone so far, but I do miss having the luxury of stashing my 3 spare batteries at work, in the car, and at home. Battery life seems good, but I still ordered one of those battery back up devices. When I was setting up all my information, data, transferring files, etc. (3000+ contacts, 6000+ texts, email accounts, home screen folder setups, 20GB of sd card data, and 150 apps) sense seemed to slow down on the home screen, I think the 1GB RAM was doing too much. Once I went back to regular use, I didn't have any problems.

princem131 06-01-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apeas2 (Post 2180231)
I don't like how the charging port on the side inhibits the use of the kickstand. I also miss the desk clock.

You can flip it the other way so the charging port is accessible. The kickstand was made to be able to support the phone on either side and even in portrait.

Positive Vibrations

SeventhGen 06-02-2012 02:07 AM

I don't like how there's no NEWS app and that the camera doesn't have a front cam/back cam on toggle. I can't find the file to add my city in the weather app, in the OG EVO there was a zip file in system/etc. I also prefer a MENU button over a RECENT button...I seen the mods but I'm waiting for s-off.

Sent using the PPCGeeks app

rootlinux 06-03-2012 09:42 PM

There is no news app?
What about the news and weather widget?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

SeventhGen 06-04-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 2180407)
There is no news app?
What about the news and weather widget?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

The news tab in the weather app is just for weather news, I was looking for the RSS news app or a similar app that's on the OG Evo. I was trying to look in HTC hub but their server is down.

NinjaMom 06-04-2012 07:40 AM

Pretty sure it its in the hub.

tmz 06-04-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeventhGen (Post 2180323)
I don't like how there's no NEWS app and that the camera doesn't have a front cam/back cam on toggle. I can't find the file to add my city in the weather app, in the OG EVO there was a zip file in system/etc. I also prefer a MENU button over a RECENT button...I seen the mods but I'm waiting for s-off.

Hope this helps. Thanks T M Z
News and Weather app - xda-developers

SeventhGen 06-05-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmz (Post 2180441)
Hope this helps. Thanks T M Z
News and Weather app - xda-developers

Right on TMZ...I tried it but I ended up trying Google Reader after, its cool so far.

@ NinjaMom it wasn't in the Hub.

Thanks

big jake 06-10-2012 01:03 AM

ok this is about to be a dumb question lol but is there no way to turn on regular 4g? or is the lte supposed to be automatic? if i cant even use 4g without it being lte (lte not in my area) i might take this phone back :/