PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No Flashlight App?

Can we pull the APK from the Evo 4g and run that bad boy over here? Anyone tried yet?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Re: No Flashlight App?

Well, for now we can use this:

Flashlight APK

I pulled it from an Evo 3d thread. It works, but you cannot control brightness or on/off with the button like on the previous Evo's as it is not really for the LTE. But when you open it, the flash will light up properly. To shut it off, hit the Home key.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
I use Tiny Flashlight + LED from the market, it's real nice. With that said, I'm sure the HTC one would probably work. If I can find the apk I will attach so someone can try, unless anyone else has it laying around? It won't hurt to try.
-Mike

Sent from my SPH-D710 on the PPCGeeks App

Old 05-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Ultimately, I like the simplicity of the old one from my Evo 4g. So this will do in a pinch. I am really baffled as to how they left it off, especially since it was something they added to the 4g when its first big software update.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Give this one a try.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-3d...ml#post2119751

Old 05-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
Give this one a try.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-3d...ml#post2119751

LOL!

That's the one I pulled. It works, minus the ability to control via the flashlight button. The pulse and SOS options work. Manual does not.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Founder & Owner

Awe, my bad. :/

Old 05-25-2012, 02:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Tony V. is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Did you check HTC Hub? The EVO 3D didn't ship with the flashlight app either, but within a few days or weeks, it was available through HTC Hub. I'm sure the EVO LTE will be the same.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:07 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Its in the HTC hub... Go to categories and then HTC essentials and it is right there.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Its in the HTC hub... Go to categories and then HTC essentials and it is right there.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Perfect! I didn't even think of looking out there. I haven't been out there since forever!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE