PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 11:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo 4G LTE and HTC one X held up at customs!

(Tapping on a linked phone number goes straight to the dialer instead of offering menu options.)

What ??? You call this a patent held by Apple ???
Old 05-22-2012, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jet
Carrier: Sprint

trav230 is keeping up the good worktrav230 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Just got this from Wirefly:

Quote:
Dear trav230,

Thank you for ordering from Wirefly.com.

Great News! We learned overnight that US officials finally cleared the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE shipment and they will soon be on their way to Sprint and, of course, us.

We do not have a definitive delivery date yet, but we’ve done this many times before and we can assure you that the phones will literally spend about 1 hour in our distribution facility before we ship them out the door.

To be fair to all of our customers, we are shipping the phones in the order in which the purchases were made. We will send you an email as soon as your device is ready to ship. If you wish to make any modifications to your order, now would be a good time to do so because when the phones arrive, we’ll be heads-down working to get them out the door ASAP.

We are glad that Sprint, HTC, and the US Government were able to come to agreement because this is one incredible device and from everything we’ve heard, worth the wait. Thanks again for shopping with us. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

You Friends at Wirefly.com
Old 05-22-2012, 02:37 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
HTC EVO 4G LTE officially cleared to ship | Android Central

Shipped

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
Sprint typically ships overnight, so pre-orders would receive today, but based on the arrival of 5/24, they're probably shipping today or tomorrow.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/90054

Quote:
5/21 UPDATE:
Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
Wonder how long for us at BestBuy? I really want it before I travel for the holiday weekend

Positive Vibrations
good question, I would imagine when shipped by Sprint, the BB stores would get them around the same time frame as 5/24.....but who knows if they are first shipped to a BB distribution warehouse, then to stores. I'd be happy to have it by Friday.

from the xda BB thread....take it with a grain of salt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpz1100
I had preordered instore for instore pickup.

Just to add to the rumor mill; Called BB mobile few minutes ago. The rep told me the devices will be available for instore pickup starting tomorrow. I think the products are already at the stores or enroute for delivery today.

This is inline with their original email of a 5/23 release/launch. Find out in less than 24 hours !!
I called the BB I preordered from, they didn't know squat...

Last edited by OMJ; 05-22-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:14 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
From the way it was worded, Id say if you pre-ordered anywhere but through Sprint, you may be waiting longer..... I pre ordered through Sprint.... Hopefully this isn't the case for Best Buy, The Shack, Wirefly, etc

*notice it says Pre Ordered online through Sprint come first... Also says Full National launch later*

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 05-22-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
From the way it was worded, Id say if you pre-ordered anywhere but through Sprint, you may be waiting longer..... I pre ordered through Sprint.... Hopefully this isn't the case for Best Buy, The Shack, Wirefly, etc

*notice it says Pre Ordered online through Sprint come first... Also says Full National launch later*
This sucks. Any delay better be due to logistics and not sprint trying to make their preorder customers feel special. All preorder sprint or third party should be available asap, PERIOD. This has been bad enough I can't see making 3rd party vendors hold phones being good for Sprint or HTC PR. Friday is fair if preordered sprint phones arrive tomorrow.

Positive Vibrations

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 05-23-2012, 01:43 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
I don't think its bad got anything, other than those who went elsewhere.....

Sprint is rewarding those who ordered through them... 3rd party vendors should come second..... In an extreme situation like this atleast
Old 05-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
I don't think its bad got anything, other than those who went elsewhere.....

Sprint is rewarding those who ordered through them... 3rd party vendors should come second..... In an extreme situation like this atleast
Why should they come second? Just because they didn't order with Sprint?! I get that logistically Sprint should have them first and thusly those who preordered with them should get them sooner. But after May 24, if vendors have them in stock they should be allowed to sell them!

I even would have been ok if Sprint's preorders had come early like they said "on or before the 18th". I wouldn't have had a problem if they had got them ahead of the original launch date. But considering the craziness that has just happened. Their goal should be to get these phones in our hands asap! All of our hands.

Now if they don't have them yet that's one thing. But making them sit on them just to give them to Sprint preorder first is not cool. With the exception maybe of holding off until Friday just to leave some wiggle room for shipping.

At the end of the day Sprint is selling service, phones are not what drives their profits. I don't believe any of the vendors, Sprint or 3rd party, profit much from the sale of the phones themselves. Nor do they lose much if you buy at BestBuy, Radio Shack etc. I'm still signing up for 2 more years of Sprint's services, which is where they make their $! I get that it'd be a huge uproar if BestBuy got them before ANY of the Sprint pre-orders. But after tomorrow it should be open season for all of us!

It's not like the Sprint pre-ordered customers are the only ones who had to wait this bs out. IF they are in stock, give us all our phones!

Positive Vibrations
Old 05-23-2012, 05:14 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Word out from Sprint is Best Buy is now shipping.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Word out from Sprint is Best Buy is now shipping.

just called my best buy they just got there within the last 20 to 30 minutes on the way to pick it up now!

Positive Vibrations
Old 05-24-2012, 02:37 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
just called my best buy they just got there within the last 20 to 30 minutes on the way to pick it up now!

Positive Vibrations
me too! race ya....crap, I'm stuck at work, but I feel a fever coming on...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE