PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G LTE (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420)
-   -   This is the HTC ONE X with more... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149747)

rootlinux 04-10-2012 09:59 PM

This is the HTC ONE X with more...

The Sprint EVO LTE has all the same specs as the HTC One X except a few added features.

Has the standard 16 gig on board as does the One X.
Also has an sd slot the One doesn't have.
From my reading it is said to support up to 32 gig and possibly 64.

It has a bigger 2000 mah battery.

Has HD voice ( the first and only)

Has a kickstand

All other specs match the HTC ONE X.

And yes I will be on the preorder list.
I have the EVO 4G and 3D.
Can't wait to add this to my list. :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

NinjaMom 04-10-2012 11:47 PM

I want this one too.

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

jimmiekain 04-11-2012 01:04 AM

Re: This is the HTC ONE X with more...

ahhh yup... count me in on this one... Sure it doesn't look like I'd like it to but I'm just gonna slap a Otterbox on that bad boy.

ls3mach 04-11-2012 09:07 AM

I'm pretty stoked about this too. I was going to go with the New Samsung, but was unhappy about the no SD card slot. This thing is going to be nice. Evo3D was garbage, I love how they are dropping the gimmicky 3D crap after just one generation.

I still wish I could just get phone calls on my Asus TF101, that would be the most convenient for me.

What does it mean that it is a "beats audio device"?

rootlinux 04-11-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls3mach (Post 2175234)
I'm pretty stoked about this too. I was going to go with the New Samsung, but was unhappy about the no SD card slot. This thing is going to be nice. Evo3D was garbage, I love how they are dropping the gimmicky 3D crap after just one generation.

I still wish I could just get phone calls on my Asus TF101, that would be the most convenient for me.

What does it mean that it is a "beats audio device"?

It has DRE's Beats Audio Enhancement.
Better sound

I actually like the 3D on the 3VO.
It is close to being as good as my 3DS.
Pictures of my wife look great in 3D ;)

princem131 04-11-2012 10:31 PM

I'm so excited I love new Evo time!

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA on the PPCGeeks App

ls3mach 04-12-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 2175275)
It has DRE's Beats Audio Enhancement.
Better sound

I actually like the 3D on the 3VO.
It is close to being as good as my 3DS.
Pictures of my wife look great in 3D ;)

I am familiar with Dr. Dre's beats audio headphones. I didn't think it would have any correlation. Photos of my significant other look good typically no matter what, I think 3D is a gimmick. Of course, I am not the kind of guy who has time to own and play a 3DS. I played with my little nieces for a few minutes... I think I will stick with larger screens and the PS3.

Speaking of, I played Mortal Kombat in 3D on PS3, I just don't get what the stink is about.

rootlinux 04-12-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls3mach

I am familiar with Dr. Dre's beats audio headphones. I didn't think it would have any correlation. Photos of my significant other look good typically no matter what, I think 3D is a gimmick. Of course, I am not the kind of guy who has time to own and play a 3DS. I played with my little nieces for a few minutes... I think I will stick with larger screens and the PS3.

Speaking of, I played Mortal Kombat in 3D on PS3, I just don't get what the stink is about.

3D isn't for everyone.
Most people around here don't like it.
I personally think the technology behind it is fantastic.

NinjaMom 04-12-2012 09:38 AM

I have the EVO 3d and rarely touch the 3d portion of the phone. Didn't buy it for that. Bought it for the phone itself, which is excellent.

rootlinux 04-12-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom
I have the EVO 3d and rarely touch the 3d portion of the phone. Didn't buy it for that. Bought it for the phone itself, which is excellent.

I agree it is a great phone.
The 3D isn't the best part of the phone but it is a cool feature.

The EVO family of phones is the best.
I think the 4G will go down as one of the best phones ever.
Can't wait to see the LTE.

ls3mach 04-12-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 2175321)
I agree it is a great phone.
The 3D isn't the best part of the phone but it is a cool feature.

The EVO family of phones is the best.
I think the 4G will go down as one of the best phones ever.
Can't wait to see the LTE.

I like the Evo 4G much better than the EVO 3D. The screen resolution difference is negligible. The build on the 3D isn't as good. The bevel pulls my facial hair. The speaker phone isn't as nice. No kick-stand. The camera is worse. The audio speaker is much worse. 3D pictures can't even be sent via MMS. Not a fan of the charging port on the side either. The camera button is nice, but really, nothing special. I wish it had a number of programmable buttons on it like the Mogul.

rootlinux 04-12-2012 12:32 PM

I am running the latest Virus rom with Chad's latest private kernel and the 3D is jammin.
Speaker is loud, ringer is loud, two way call recording is loud and clear.
Love the camera button and glad to see it on the LTE.
Good to see the kickstand return from the 4g.
I do like the battery cover much better on the 3d.
Build quality is great on both.
Super tough devices.

I love the 4g and 3vo.
Not sure which one is better.

The LTE seems to have brought it all to the table.
Wonder if an LTE 3D will be next. :)
Probably not but it might be cool to see.

I had a Mogul as well and I didn't like all the buttons but it was a good device for the time.
The Touch Pro was very nice.
Had a Diamond as well and other than low device memory it was fantastic.

Long time HTC fan.
They make great phones.

shellguy 04-12-2012 12:57 PM

I too am a die hard HTC fan as well, starting w/ the Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro 2 > EVO 4G and as of May 7th, the soon to be released HTC EVO LTE. I can't wait. Wish the battery was able to be changed out. But we shall see how this goes.

Will

rootlinux 04-12-2012 01:12 PM

The 2000mah is a big battery for a stock device.
I predict an add on piggyback battery maybe in the form of a case cover.
Don't hold me to it. :)

ls3mach 04-12-2012 01:46 PM

I did not notice that the battery couldn't be swapped. That is a bit lame.

chong67 04-13-2012 01:01 PM

Battery cannot be swap on this phone? Are you serious?

shellguy 04-13-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chong67 (Post 2175444)

Yes I am. This is a quote from the PhoneScoop.com hands on article:

Hands-On: HTC EVO 4G LTE (Phone Scoop)

"What I don't like is the plastic surface. The upper portion of the back of the EVO 4G LTE is covered in a black plastic material that can be removed (though you can't get at the battery). This bit of plastic, which is glossy and reflective, cheapens the overall look of the phone. "

Will

rootlinux 04-14-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chong67 (Post 2175444)

It can't be removed on the HTC ONE either.

Karl 04-14-2012 07:49 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz_KbDbtbnc

Karl 04-15-2012 12:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5kjv...feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mex0T__AkHg

jimmiekain 04-15-2012 04:48 AM

@rootlinux you forgot to add it has a camera button and the one x does not.

I really like this phone it has everything i wanted it to have... If i had to pick something I would change about it it would be the charging port... I hate when manufactures put it on the side like that I would much rather have it on the bottom it makes it much harder to hold the phone and talk on it while it charges when the charging cable is on the side. (its the little things)

rootlinux 04-16-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmiekain (Post 2175598)

I really like this phone it has everything i wanted it to have... If i had to pick something I would change about it it would be the charging port... I hate when manufactures put it on the side like that I would much rather have it on the bottom it makes it much harder to hold the phone and talk on it while it charges when the charging cable is on the side. (its the little things)

Thanks, didn't realize I forgot to mention that. :)

shellguy 04-16-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmiekain (Post 2175598)

I have yet to see a Pic of the phone noting where the Charging port is. I tried to look at all the pics on Phonescoop and didn't find one. can anyone locate a pic of where the Charging port is.

Will

Karl 04-16-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellguy (Post 2175727)
I have yet to see a Pic of the phone noting where the Charging port is. I tried to look at all the pics on Phonescoop and didn't find one. can anyone locate a pic of where the Charging port is.

Will

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/im...76JdHGie2EvaCA

rootlinux 04-16-2012 11:51 PM

Actually that is the HTC ONE. :)
Something odd about that pic.
There is no dialer on the launcher.

Here is the HTC EVO 4G LTE. ;)

http://r.phonedog.com/shared/images/...lery-front.jpg

shellguy 04-17-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 2175763)
Actually that is the HTC ONE. :)
Something odd about that pic.
There is no dialer on the launcher.

Here is the HTC EVO 4G LTE. ;)

http://r.phonedog.com/shared/images/...lery-front.jpg

looks good Root, ty Cant wait for launch day.

Will

rootlinux 04-17-2012 03:23 PM

Same here.
I actually like the charging port on the side. Had three EVOs with broken ports.
Puts less stress on the port with it on the side I think.
3Vo port is nicely placed.

shellguy 04-17-2012 04:17 PM

My only concern is how Seidio will make this work for a car mount. I love the one that I have for my EVO 4G.

Will

Thundaar2000 04-17-2012 10:56 PM

I know that 5-7 is the pre order day... Does anyone have any idea when the delivery day might be?
My evo 4g battery is getting tired, and I would rather put the money into the new phone

jimmiekain 04-18-2012 02:21 AM

I don't know when its coming but i hope its soon the more phones that come out between now and then the less i will be able to sell my gs2 for on craigslist. I may sell it now and just use my touch pro 2 until it comes out.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

rootlinux 04-18-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundaar2000 (Post 2175838)
I know that 5-7 is the pre order day... Does anyone have any idea when the delivery day might be?
My evo 4g battery is getting tired, and I would rather put the money into the new phone

You can get a new battery for the og EVO on Amazon for around fives bucks. They work well.
You can even get an extended battery, back and cover for less that fifteen bucks. I have a Seidio 3500 and a 3500 extended from Amazon and there really isn't any difference in power.

This is one combo I have and it works very well. Condition the battery on first use as directed.
http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Exten...747847&sr=1-22

fixxxer2012 04-18-2012 11:50 AM

its gonna be hard for this new evo to trump the success of the original evo4g, just my two cents.

shellguy 04-18-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundaar2000 (Post 2175838)

I would say Early June, as was the same with the EVO 4G.

Will

Thundaar2000 04-18-2012 03:27 PM

Wirelessly posted (EvO 4g: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I could hang in until early June.... I already bought 2 extended batteries with back combos and they are worse than stock battery. They are supposed to be 3500's but they didn't last any longer than stock. Then after a couple months the stock was better so I stopped using em. They do make a good paper weight though! Lol

shellguy 04-18-2012 06:07 PM

I am going to be getting a new Seidio slim extended battery and new surface case for mine to tied me over and give the person that buys my 4G an almost new battery when they buy it, along with a holster, and the car kit and a convert kit too.

Will

rootlinux 04-19-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundaar2000 (Post 2175886)
Wirelessly posted (EvO 4g: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I could hang in until early June.... I already bought 2 extended batteries with back combos and they are worse than stock battery. They are supposed to be 3500's but they didn't last any longer than stock. Then after a couple months the stock was better so I stopped using em. They do make a good paper weight though! Lol

My wife's was bad too but it got much better after I calibrated it.
Mine it easily just as good as my 3500 siedio.

I will be keeping my 4G and 3G and using them for when I feel like playing. :)
I switched back to my 4G from 3D to play with for now.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2

Thundaar2000 04-19-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundaar2000 (Post 2175886)

My wife's was bad too but it got much better after I calibrated it.
Mine it easily just as good as my 3500 siedio.

I will be keeping my 4G and 3G and using them for when I feel like playing. :)
I switched back to my 4G from 3D to play with for now.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2

How do I "calibrate" a battery? Crap, I didn't know I had to do that.... The instructions just said to charge for 10 hours before first use. The batteries came with a charger.

Karl 04-19-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundaar2000 (Post 2175936)

How do I "calibrate" a battery? Crap, I didn't know I had to do that.... The instructions just said to charge for 10 hours before first use. The batteries came with a charger.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xpYnJhdGlvbiJd

OMJ 04-20-2012 03:25 PM

May 18th Will Bring Us The HTC EVO 4G LTE

Thundaar2000 04-20-2012 05:40 PM

Really??? That great! Better not be late on the pre order day!