PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE > HTC Evo 4G LTE Accessories

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 01:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Battery solution?

I thought not being able to swap batteries on the fly with the new Evo LTE was going to be an issue...

Until I found this... Amazon.com: New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh External Battery Pack and Charger for "The new iPad" the 3rd Gen ipad, iPad2, iPhone 4S 4 3Gs 3G, iPod Touch (1G to 5G), Android (Samsung Galaxy Note S S2, HTC Sensation EVO Thunderbolt, LG Optimus V),

Its a portable battery charger so just in case you are somewhere and cant plug in you can use this to juice up! I'm probably gonna order one the day I get my evo lte.

Here is a video review... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEbb1Qfxy60
Old 04-11-2012, 03:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Battery solution?

these are cheaper
http://store.energizerpowerpacks.com/

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 04-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

@Karl thanks! I'm gonna take a look at some of the reviews for these... I know duracell makes these too I'm gonna take a look at them too.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
I bought this one a while back and I love it! My only two complaints are I wish they used a switch instead of a power button, it presses in my pocket sometimes. And I wish the cord to charge it was micro USB instead of old school mini USB. Then I could use the same charger cable to charge it and my phone. Luckily I still have plenty of old mini USB cords. I use this all the time when I travel, or go to events that I know will strain my battery. Charge right in my pocket. I've even shared with people at the airport with the second port when they couldn't find a free outlet. The second USB port was a big plus for me so I could charge my phone and my gf's when we travel. Highly recommend these just find the best one for you. Personally I'd stay away from the regular battery powered ones.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA on the PPCGeeks App

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 04-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

@princem131 could you give us an example of how long it would take to charge your Evo3D if it died?

Also, I noticed that yours is a 5000mah model and the one i'm looking at is 1100mah do you know if that has anything to do with how quickly it charges or just how long it can charge until the actual unit runs out?

Last edited by jimmiekain; 04-11-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
@princem131 could you give us an example of how long it would take to charge your Evo3D if it died?

Also, I noticed that yours is a 5000mah model and the one i'm looking at is 1100mah do you know if that has anything to do with how quickly it charges or just how long it can charge until the actual unit runs out?
5000mah vs 1100mah refers mainly to the total storage capacity. Which indirectly will effect charge times. I'm assuming they'd both charge/discharge at comparable rates, so the bigger battery would take longer charging and discharging. For example the Evo 3D has a 1730mah and my extended battery for my Evo 3D is 3300mah. Personally, I wanted one with significantly more battery capacity than my standard battery, and preferably more even than the extended. 5000 mah gives me enough to charge my battery several times completely or charge multiple devices at a time. I often will use it for my phone, my girlfriends and my tablet when traveling.

I'm not sure how long it would take from dead to charge my phone fully, but probably a long time. I usually use it to charge a partially charged battery or most commonly to maintain a charge. I have completely charged it with the battery but usually over night (really came in handy when staying with a friend and not wanting to roam their house late at night in the dark for a convenient outlet). I'd say it charges at a rate somewhere between the wall charger and using usb on a computer. Probably closer to the usb speed. there are two ports, one says "500Ma" and the other "1A for iPod", the "1A" one seems to charge faster.

The battery itself takes a while to charge (sorry no numerical estimate), but it has never been a problem because I just charge it in advance and I'm good to go. When it gets low I charge it over night or whenever its convenient so I dont think I've ever had a time when I needed it and it was dead.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

im sure once the firmware is leaked someone build a kernel with fast charge therefore decreasing charge time
Old 04-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

@princem131 thanks man that really clears it up for me. With this new info you gave me I may get one with lower Mah to save some money.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
@princem131 thanks man that really clears it up for me. With this new info you gave me I may get one with lower Mah to save some money.
No problem! Just ordered this one today. Goin to give the other to my girlfriend. One thing I like better about this one (besides more mah, it's 8400) the power output is 1A on one usb port and 2A on the other usb port! (vs the .5A and 1A on my other) That should help charge a bit faster. Also the device itself is charged by micro usb so now I only need one cord!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0067T...4627141&sr=8-3

If you're looking for a smaller cheaper option, just saw this today.. It looks pretty cool and its still decent capacity 5200mah

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005VB...627141&sr=8-10

Positive Vibrations

Last edited by princem131; 04-16-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

@princem131 the one you are getting looks pretty cool. Gonna do a review for us when you get it???

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE > HTC Evo 4G LTE Accessories

Tags
battery, charge, evo lte, extended, life