PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO
Carrier: Sprint

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tough and Rugged Top Case holsters, short Nite-Ize case review.

I am in a line of work that takes me up and down trussing, around stages and live production work. I have an otterbox commuter for my evo, but pocketing it is impractical for alot of my work, and the snap in holsters for the rugged cases can't be trusted 40' above a stage.

I am looking for a good topcase style rugged holster to slide the evo into with the commuter case still on it that preferably has a magnetic closure and a sewn belt loop, or strong, read 'no plastic' belt clip.

I am hoping I found it with this case:
HTC Evo Sprint 4G Vertical Canvas Pouch Cover - eBay (item 160463783711 end time Dec-30-10 12:51:51 PST)

Gonna pull the trigger on this tonight, hope it fits!

Any other suggestions?
Old 12-31-2010, 12:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Tough and Rugged Top Case holsters

A friend of mine recently gave me a Nite Ize "Clip Case Cargo Wide" case after receiving an Otterbox Defender for his Droid X for Christmas and I put it to use on my EVO. It fits my Evo suggly and I have an Otterbox Commuter case on my phone. It slides in without being loose or falling out. You have to put it in upside down but that was how I always put my phones in my holsters. I have it shown here right side up. The reason it goes in upside down is the flap on the commute's case gets in the way if you put it in correctly.

Otherwise the case features a very strong nylon plastic captive clip that rotates. A bluetooth ear roach pouch on the back, and a slot for credit cards/IDs/hotel keys on the inside.

The evo is a little tall but the velcro catches securely. I am on a job assignment this week and was climbing around in truss and never felt that I was going to loose my phone or that the holster might come off of my belt.

Pluses: extremely rugged, secure, plenty of padding for protection or knocking into objects, very solid clip.

The only minuses are: the case is a universal style so it is a little bulky, the case closes over the EVO but it is a slight stretch, I prefer magnet closures over velco, accessing my phone numerous times is taxing with the constant ripping-of-velcro sound.

oh and it was only 15.00 and even less on amazon!

Last edited by shatner; 01-02-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Tough and Rugged Top Case holsters, short Nite-Ize case review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatner View Post
I got this case this week, and sadly it barely fits the EVO and has a hard time staying closed, with the commuter case, it is a pain to fit in and closing is not an option. Thankfully the seller has a liberal return policy and it will be going back in the AM. Sad because it seemed like a good case. The Nite-Ize case is a winner so far.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories

Tags
evo top case holster