PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Evo 4G PowerMat Wireless Charging Receving Door Review And Thoughts

here is a video that i made on the powermat wireless charging battery door for the htc evo 4g. any questions feel free to ask.

YouTube - HTC Evo 4G PowerMat Wireless Charging Receving Door Review And Thoughts
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond> TP2> HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

kermit22 is becoming a great contributor
Re: HTC Evo 4G PowerMat Wireless Charging Receving Door Review And Thoughts

nice demonstration. It is too bad that there isn't a powermat that could hook up directly to the battery leads or something like that so that it wouldn't have the little nub on the usb.

a bit off topic, but what ROM are you using on your EVO? I really liked the look in the vid.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED
Threadstarter

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit22 View Post
nice demonstration. It is too bad that there isn't a powermat that could hook up directly to the battery leads or something like that so that it wouldn't have the little nub on the usb.

a bit off topic, but what ROM are you using on your EVO? I really liked the look in the vid.

thanks and that was puertoblacks philly finest rom with my little touch added to it.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch 6900

bonabob is just getting started

Stupid.. I dont see the point to it.. Its not wireless at all.. You still have to plug something into it.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
Stupid.. I dont see the point to it.. Its not wireless at all.. You still have to plug something into it.
I don't have one, nor do I plan on getting one, but I see this being a good upgrade for 2 reasons:

1) It keeps dust/dirt out of the charging port
2) It may prevent failure of the charging port, due to repeated insertion/removal of the charger.

It's mainly a wow factor right now, being able to just set your phone on a mat, and it automatically starts charging is a pretty cool novelty. I just wish it came standard on more phones.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:05 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
I bought it the day it came out and returned is the very next day. I hate having to unplug it Every time I use a car charger or a charger other than the powermat. Also with the powermat you have to place it in a specific position otherwise it will not charge. I spent Twice as much time trying to find the sweet spot on the mat Then it takes me to just plug it in.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2010, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

damonwest2000 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to damonwest2000 Send a message via MSN to damonwest2000 Send a message via Yahoo to damonwest2000

I have the powermat , bought when it first came out , yes the pulging & unpluging can be a pain ....even when the little piece falls . But in concept it was a great idea . My gripe is that it leaves the phone open, unless u have a BB style holster. But no regrets I do love It , just adapt, the price of a new gadget for my phone

Phones I've Ownd, Treo 600, Samung Blade, Treo 650, PPC 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, HTC Hero,HTC EVO 4G
Old 01-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

g2145cal is a n00b

i like the idea and would buy it, but i also have the otterbox commuter. so, that's a no go.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP

UltramanV is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to UltramanV

I got one for Christmas. I love it. I have a pad at home and the office and the portable one.. I think it helps save alot of ware and tare not to keep plugging and unplugging the micro USB . I have a converter in my car so i just set it down on the pad when i take trips.. It would be a great Idea for PowerPad to make a car unit that holds the screen vertical for GPS use.. I dont seem to have the same problem of finding the sweet spot I set it close and the magnet seems to pull it right where it needs to.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4S

sjhawk007 is a n00b

Nice Video, I will have to look into getting this one......=D>

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories