PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

BamAlmighty is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone try the 2000mah batteries that recently popped up on ebay?

Branded as Galilio?

I know ones in the past were fake, but I have no idea about this brand.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:19 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Re: Anyone try the 2000mah batteries that recently popped up on ebay?

I hadn't noticed that one yet. If it's another Chinese knockoff, I'd be a little leary. Most of the after market batteries I've bought for my Touch and Diamond did not hold up well. the only ones I've had good luck with is Seidio.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 10-26-2010, 04:24 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
I hadn't noticed that one yet. If it's another Chinese knockoff, I'd be a little leary. Most of the after market batteries I've bought for my Touch and Diamond did not hold up well. the only ones I've had good luck with is Seidio.
+1, i had one explode but good luck with seidio also.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:31 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

I found a standard (same as the one that comes with the Evo) on Amazon for $20. I've been looking for a slim 2200mah but I wont buy it from eBay

Old 10-26-2010, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

I'm always wary of batteries that are the same size but claim extra juice. are they using a space age technology that no one knows about?? my guess is its going to do as well as the stock battery or worse
Old 10-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
I'm using one of those 1800may batteries I found on eBay. Its red so it must be OK. LOL...LOL... seriously though, I haven't had any issues yet but it doesn't seem like I am getting any extra battery life.

Sent from my EVO4G using Tapatalk.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

I always refer back to this: BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims!
Old 10-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo

tteller is a n00b

I bought the Seido 3500mh from Amazon before I went on a Disney World trip because I knew the stock battery was going to be dead by the end of the day.

I have not put the stock battery back in. I keep it around for "just in case". The phone now keeps a charge for over 12 hours. Even with navigation, wifi, 4G and brightness enabled.

The battery comes with a rubbery back cover that makes the phone thicker, but again, I like it because it sticks to surfaces while I'm driving and it protects the camera lense from getting scratched, and I can hold the phone better taking photos.

The only Con would be that the case you've bought for the phone will not work, because of the bulky back cover.

I'd say get the Seido 3500mh from Amazon, I'm happy with it.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:48 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

The Galilio battery is a Li-Po battery. Which is actually capable of having more storage in the same amount of space. I am actually going to try one out just to see. I am guessing it won't do anything for me, but its worth a shot for 7 bucks.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
The Galilio battery is a Li-Po battery. Which is actually capable of having more storage in the same amount of space. I am actually going to try one out just to see. I am guessing it won't do anything for me, but its worth a shot for 7 bucks.

sounds like this one: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...-2-sprint.html

lithium polymer. first few weeks seems awesome, then reality sets in and its back to acting like 1300mah

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories