PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

flyhigh is keeping up the good workflyhigh is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wall Charger Alternative

I'm looking to replace all of my HTC Touch Pro's wall chargers now that I have an EVO. The Touch Pro used mini-usb where the EVO uses micro-usb. Instead of replacing all of the chargers, could I just replace the cables? In other words, leave the plug part that plugs into the outlet but purchase a usb to micro usb cable to replace the usb to mini usb cable that worked on the TP? It would be much cheaper this way and I have several chargers I'm looking to replace. Plus, I'd have the micro usb cables to use to connect to my PC if needed. Thanks
Old 10-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Wall Charger Alternative

I haven't tried these, but somebody recommended them: Mini USB to Micro USB Adapter/Converter Keychain - Meritline.com
Old 10-02-2010, 04:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

didnt the touch pro come with the wall outlet then the cable that plugged into it?

i know thats the way my diamond and tp2 came and im still using them just replaced the cables with micro usb
Old 10-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

You should be able to use a different usb cable with the wall charger, I do that.

Moved to HTC Evo Accessories.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks. Good to know that works. Those cables are a lot cheaper then whole new wall chargers.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

GregCT2010 is a n00b

Just watch out for the amp rating of the charger. With the EVO, the stock charger is 1 amp, or 1000 milliamps. If the charger you decide to use is less, the EVO will charge at a slower rate, or not at all if you are using it while plugged in. You may actually see the battery drain if the charger is rated for less power when you are plugged in and streaming videos, navigating etc.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Good point. With my Touch Pro however even with the stock charger that came with the phone, I would lose power faster then it would charge. While streaming slingbox to my phone causing I'd eat up battery faster then I could charge it causing it to shut down, even while plugged in if the battery ran out.

Just checked for anyone interested, the plug part from the Touch Pro's wall charger says it's listed as:

Output 5v=1amp
Old 10-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I know my Touch Pro and Diamond wouldn't charge when I was doing a lot of things simply because they would get to hot and would stop charging.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCT2010 View Post
Just watch out for the amp rating of the charger. With the EVO, the stock charger is 1 amp, or 1000 milliamps. If the charger you decide to use is less, the EVO will charge at a slower rate, or not at all if you are using it while plugged in. You may actually see the battery drain if the charger is rated for less power when you are plugged in and streaming videos, navigating etc.
TP, TP2 and diamond ac adapters are 1 amp as well. just checked since i have about 10 of them laying around lol

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories