PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 11:17 AM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!
Carrier: Sprint

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best silicone case I have found!!

I wouldnt post this if I didnt think every one would agree and love this case!! OK guys, I tried the case from another forum about the matte black back and shiny black around the edges case and hated it (OP stated it was the best case he had used and that he had a lot of cases)!! Wanted to share with all of you these silicone cases that I found for $2.69 shipped! Fitment is great, feel is great, all buttons are super easy to push, cutouts are perfect too. Provides great camera protection while not interferring with pictures in any way. I was using a tpu case for daily use and wasnt too crazy about silicone cases untill I got this one. Now, this is all I use. I like it so much I just ordered 5 more. 2 black, 2 white, and 1 grey. Just for backup and for my fiance who is about to get an Evo. I think any one who likes silicone cases will be very pleased with these here. Seller is also easy to work with and has excellent communication!!

special element items - Get great deals on evo, Cell Phones PDAs items on eBay.com!

Heres some pics of the black one: (crappy pics, will take more if requested, but trust me this case fits/looks awesome!!)

(that is the blanket that the phone was laying on and not the case on the bottom/side in the pic of the front of the phone. Makes it look like the case is messed up but it is perfect)
Sorry, pictures are terrible. I actually didnt plan to start a thread for it but got bored at work and these pics were on my laptop. I'll take some more pics tonight and post them. Not sure why the background is faded out in the pic of the front of the phone, weird how it did that...

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Best silicone case I have found!!

Looks really tight, I like these too except for they cover the rockers and I have to press on them harder to make them work, possibly causing my case to crack the first time.

I will def pass this on to friends that need them, thanks.

-CC
Old 09-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks for the tip... i have been thinking about going the silicone route and the price is right on this one.

i am ed with the bodyglove case i have now. i have already gotten a free replacement, but dont see bodyglove replacing it every few months when another lug snaps off.

one question though - how is it getting in and out of a pocket?

***since when does the word d-i-sgu-sted need censoring??? that is the word being censored above***

^

Last edited by CozBoogie; 09-21-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I have an argyle tpu case and I love it. It fits perfecly and I can still use my leather belt clip. It's just like the one at best buy that they have for $20. I paid $4 on ebay and just ordered 5 more for $5. Just look up tpu evo cases on ebay. The tpu works a lot better than the plain silicone cases.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2010, 07:37 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Threadstarter

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Looks really tight, I like these too except for they cover the rockers and I have to press on them harder to make them work, possibly causing my case to crack the first time.

I will def pass this on to friends that need them, thanks.

-CC
The power and volume buttons are just as easy, if not easier, to press than when its naked. Believe me, I have some tpu and silicone cases where the buttons are hard and fitment is bad. They are in a box in my closet (should just trash them but probably gonna cut them to use with my extended battery/door when it arrives. I wouldnt have recommended this if the buttons were hard to press. This case is AWESOME!!! Thats why I recommended it.It blows away the $20 silicone at Best Buy and other major retailers....
Quote:
Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
thanks for the tip... i have been thinking about going the silicone route and the price is right on this one.

i am ed with the bodyglove case i have now. i have already gotten a free replacement, but dont see bodyglove replacing it every few months when another lug snaps off.

one question though - how is it getting in and out of a pocket?

***since when does the word d-i-sgu-sted need censoring??? that is the word being censored above***

^
You wont be disappointed!! Depends on how tight your pocket is I guess. It has a really soft/smooth feel to it. It is not slick/shiny like some of them, but also doesnt attract lint/dust like most of the non shiny ones either. Hard to explain it. For under $3 you cant go wrong though, and I bet any one who orders this will be shocked at how nice it is and love it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
I have an argyle tpu case and I love it. It fits perfecly and I can still use my leather belt clip. It's just like the one at best buy that they have for $20. I paid $4 on ebay and just ordered 5 more for $5. Just look up tpu evo cases on ebay. The tpu works a lot better than the plain silicone cases.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
If you read my post then you would have seen where I said I used a tpu case for daily use untill I found these cases. I have the clear argyle tpu and think it is the best tpu case around (if you get the one that doesnt wrap around the front), but it has a huge opening for the camera, speaker, and led. If you get the argyle tpu that has individual cut outs for each of those things, then it wraps around the front and the buttons are hard to press. These silicone cases work a lot better than tpu cases It has a small added lip around the camera for even further camera protection
These silicone cases got me to stop using my argyle tpu for daily use and switch to these. Great camera protection, all around protection really, and buttons are SUPER easy to push!! I was also not a fan of silicone untill these cases. I have the black silicone from Best Buy and it sucks. I used it only untill I got another case. I cant stress enough, I have near 20 different cases now and this is by far the best!!!

Last edited by stanglifemike; 09-21-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:46 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Threadstarter

Evey one, I have nothing to do with the seller and get nothing from you ordering these. I have about 20 different cases all through the price ranges and these are the best. I wouldnt put my reputation on here on the line if I didnt know that these are the best silicone cases around and that any one looking for one will love it. You dont have to buy if you dont want to, just trying to help you all out so you dont have to buy a bunch of junk cases that you'll never use before finding a good one...like I did.

Also, received my 2 white, 2 more black, and 1 gray in the mail today. Will try to post pics tonight or tommorow night. The white and gray are semi-transparent where the black is solid. The white does look really good though(even better with my white battery door), while I'm not crazy about the gray color with either my white or black battery door.

EDIT: Heck, I may just do a video to show them to you all so you can see how easy the buttons are to press...

Last edited by stanglifemike; 09-21-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

These look nice, thanks!
Old 09-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
Evey one, I have nothing to do with the seller and get nothing from you ordering these. I have about 20 different cases all through the price ranges and these are the best. I wouldnt put my reputation on here on the line if I didnt know that these are the best silicone cases around and that any one looking for one will love it. You dont have to buy if you dont want to, just trying to help you all out so you dont have to buy a bunch of junk cases that you'll never use before finding a good one...like I did.
Also, received my 2 white, 2 more black, and 1 gray in the mail today. Will try to post pics tonight or tommorow night. The white and gray are semi-transparent where the black is solid. The white does look really good though(even better with my white battery door), while I'm not crazy about the gray color with either my white or black battery door.

Haha, if you hate the grey so much I can do YOU a favor and take the burden off your hands!
Old 09-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Ordered mine. I wonder how long it will take to come from China.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:48 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Threadstarter

Should be less than 2 weeks I assume. I dont think that either of my orders were more than 14 days....I actually ordered a few things on ebay, all from Hong Kong/China within 3 days of each other and received these quite a few days before the other items.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories