PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth Headphones?

I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on a good set of bluetooth headphones (not headset) for use with the Evo. I've read a few older threads about some headphones, but I wanted to know what everyone else thinks. I've got a motorcycle mount for my Evo on the way, and I'd prefer not having to use a wired pair of headphones while I ride. Thanks!
Old 09-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Bluetooth Headphones?

It's gonna be hard to find a comfortable set of wireless headphones to wear on your bike unless you wear a skull cap helmet.
If you wear a full helmet the headphones tend to get in the way as they have to contain all the electronics and battery and having the helmet over your ears is just asking for a set of sore ears or headache.

I plan on getting a bike in the near future and plan on spending a couple of extra bucks for a bluetooth enabled helmet. You should look into that unless your budget restricts you.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo - Rooted!

LoungeLizard is keeping up the good workLoungeLizard is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LoungeLizard Send a message via Yahoo to LoungeLizard

Check out this thread. They are mostly wired (what I use) but the last post has a set of Jaybird bluetooth ones. Like the other poster said, getting BT in a full face is going to be a pain (literally), but with a shorty you would only have to worry about them flying off.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=motorcycle
Old 09-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Those jaybirds are nice but they have electronics and battery that go behind the ear... and the newest set they put out has all the electronics on the side.

You could also use a set of wired headphones... Attached to a jabra BT-3030 and use that as a hard button remote that will respond better to gloved hands than the screen on your EVO will.
p.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Threadstarter

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Guess I should've mentioned that I ride a 96 Shadow 1100. I don't wear a full face either, so headphones that go behind the head will be fine. I just wanted to know everyones opinion about which ones are the best. I'd prefer them to be earbud style (not earbuds per se) because they help cancel out most of my Samson exhaust (Looooooud). Right now im using a set of wired earbuds with rubber around them that helps them fit in the ears better.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

baljo is a n00b

I'm not 100% sure you would be able to use mine with a helmet but you might be able to. I got the Motorola - S9HD. They work and sound great. They also both headset and headphones. I got mine from best buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Motorola...20hd&cp=1&lp=1
Old 09-11-2010, 12:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro, evo
Carrier: sprint

farrellcollie is a n00b

I use a pair of soyo bluetooth headphones under my FFhelmet - they are shaped like a little rounded square on each ear and clip around each ear and they fit in the ear well of the helmet and don't cause pain. The only slight problem is if I turn them off accidentally while putting the helmet on. Then it can be a bit tricky to reach in and turn them on again. I also have another pair from another company shaped the same way and they work too but I like the soyo better. Neither pair keep out the road noise as well as in ear buds do.

This is the other type I have
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ICS-_-75984025

Last edited by farrellcollie; 09-11-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

Jaybirds are what I have and they are awesome. I think you still might have some trouble though because bluetooth works best when it can bounce off walls and things so ideally you will need to have your device 2ft or less from the headphones to not have interruptions. I would think this would be especially true when your moving on a motorcycle.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:17 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baljo View Post
I'm not 100% sure you would be able to use mine with a helmet but you might be able to. I got the Motorola - S9HD. They work and sound great. They also both headset and headphones. I got mine from best buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Motorola...20hd&cp=1&lp=1
I loved my Moto roker s9 till my son chewed one of the speakers off. worked great for about 3 years. my buddy at work has the HD version and they sound even better.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories