PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

lilbrulesall is keeping up the good worklilbrulesall is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bodyglove case=suck (review-ish)

Not sure if this is the correct place but nods move if needed. but I just have a couple things to say about my evo's body glove case. I've had my phone for about a month and a half and have had the body glove case on it since the beginning. I have NEVER dropped my phone anywhere besides into my pocket. My body glove case is cool and does protect the phone (from what I've read) but after a month and a half, the case itself has stress cracks on the top two corners! and one corner popped off the part where its supposed to clip so it doesn't stay together there anymore! ill try n post pics later, I'm on my way to the airport now..
Old 08-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Mine too.

I guess once you put it on, you're never to open again
Old 08-05-2010, 03:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

CFdragon is just getting started
Re: Bodyglove case=suck (review-ish)

Mine lasted a good 4 days!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul(RIP), Pro2, evo4
Carrier: sprint

hidaya is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to hidaya

had mine for a week and turned it back in to the store...
Old 08-05-2010, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint / AT&T

rkiechle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to rkiechle

Mine broke in the corner above the volume keys the 2nd week.. and that whole corner fell off... I asked sprint, they told me, you are not supposed to take them off, and my reply: then get the battery to last more than 8 hours...

i am currently using the cheepo version from ebay and seriously at $3 each and they have the felt inside, i have not had a problem, other than they make the phone slick.. but lots of colors depending on my mood...

I may try out an Seidio II soon, but 1 thing is for sure, I will always have a case and screen protector...

If i have done something to help you, please thank me so i can thank them and they can thank you...
Old 08-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

If the case is defective...take it back to the sprint store...the version sprint sells is a joke...body glove has a way better one ive used on my prevoius phone...its on there website...it has a rubbery feel to it and doesnt break. I would also look at Sedio cases..i pesonally like there design better.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

I used the Sprint Body glove case for 2 days. I ended up going with the Innocase Active, sold by Amazon. It was only a few bucks more than the body glove, but the quality is much greater.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

There's a Sprint Authorized Dealer near where I live that sells the Innocase and Sedio cases...they are way better build than most...but there is also this case from body glove that is way better in terms of build quality...not some cheap hard plastic..

Better Body Glove case here!!
Old 08-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have had the Sprint Body Glove case on my phone since launch day with no problems at all. It was about 3 years since the last time I dropped one of my phones. Wouldn't you know it, I was cleaning the screen and I guess I got a little to reckless. I literally launched the phone out of my hands. It flew about 10' away from me and smacked the tile floor in my home. The case flew apart. The battery door came off and the battery came out. After all of that, I turned the phone over, it was face down on the floor, nothing, not even a scratch. Talk about luck!!

I would say the case did its job!!!!!!

Last edited by cmdauria; 08-19-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkiechle View Post
Mine broke in the corner above the volume keys the 2nd week.. and that whole corner fell off...
same here, after 2 months, one day after changing my battery, looked and saw the whole corner busted all to hell. plus the grey strip on the back started to peel away somehow on the sides.

i had thought my case broke because it knew i had ordered a new tpu case online the day before it decided to commit suicide.

Last edited by tool2269; 08-15-2010 at 11:16 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories