PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Ryum is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ebay keeps winning?

I have not really used ebay since component and hdmi cables were selling for 50+ bucks in the stores and only for less than $10 online.
When I started shopping for a smart phone I figured I'd need a SD card and found a 32gig micro SD for $16 (with shipping). Since getting the evo I wanted to get a plastic screen protector, but found the prices to be just really high for almost no difference between products. So I found and ordered 5 screen protectors $1.88 (with free shipping). And now I am looking at cases and I can't help but notice on things like
http://www.amzer.com/Amzer-Silicone-...ack-P87765.htm
just out of this new habit I looked on ebay and
http://cgi.ebay.com/Amzer-Silicone-S...ht_3780wt_1144

Not saying that is the case I am going to get for sure, but it seems that the way to go if you are at all cost conscientious. This is the only place to ask a sizable group of people about accessories for the EVO so I am curious do many people here get their stuff from ebay, or generally from some where else online, or just at a store?
Old 07-28-2010, 03:07 PM
MWSlim

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I got my case from amazon. Its the seidio innocase active case. I got it for around $24 and its worth every penny. I also got 2 seidio screen protectors for $11 shipped. I trust amazon much more than ebay even if it means spending a couple more bucks

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2010, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

frazy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to frazy
Re: Ebay keeps winning?

i have gotten my case and micro hdmi cable from ebay. both are great products that i would definitely recommend to others. i don't know about that 32gb sd card for 16 bucks though. that sounds like a scam. i remember reading about a post where someone had bought a 32gb sd card for about the same price i believe. but then later on the sd card was corrupted because what the product actually was a 4 gb sd card reprogrammed or something along those lines to a 32gb sd card. so i wouldn't go with that. that really sounds like scam. but if you want to know what case or cable i got, let me know!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ryum is a n00b

I have had it for about 2 week or more and so far no issues. I have watched quite a few TV shows and movies on from it on my TP2 when it was in there. Is there a specific way to test one? if so I'll try that. Off the sd card subject, what kind of case did you get?

My TV in the living room had HDMI, but the one on my bedroom is just component so not too concerned with the mini HDMI port just yet. That and I have a media PC so hooking the phone to the TV does not add anything I can think of yet
Old 07-28-2010, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

frazy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to frazy

for the case:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ARGYLE-Clear-Sof...item255c1b35f8

just be careful with that sd card.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Still_Waters_43 is a n00b

I've had good luck on ebay too. Things like an extra data cable for under $3, HDMI for under $6, car mount for under $6 and finally an OEM Sprint car charger for under $10 (oh yeah! I think it's best to go with OEM for chargers.

As for testing a SD Card I would copy about 30g worth of files to the card and then try to read the files, if you can read them you should be worry free going forward IMO.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ryum is a n00b

cool, I used to get really uneasy about pulling the trigger on 4 dollar 12 foot component cables when at the store they were for $50+ so I understand the feeling. But yeah so far none of the stuff I have gotten has turned out to be a scam.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:26 AM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

I buy a lot on eBay. Silicone cases, HTC car charger, car mount, dock with extra batteries, Hdmi to micro hdmi cables, usb to micro usb cable. Had to buy my HTC leather case/pouch with belt loop at BestBuy for $30 though because I couldn't find it online at the time...

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories