PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3 cases, 4 screen protectors. My winner is..

I was gonna write a long review on a bunch of cases and screen protectors but figured people didnt want to read that much so here is a summary. I have tried the Body Glove and silicon gel case from sprint as well as the case mate barely there. For screen protectors I've tried zagg, clarivue, stienhiel anti fingerprint, and stienhiel ultra clear.

Body glove had good protection but a little too much bulk for me. Good for people who are worried about dropping their phone but don't want a lot of bulk. The silicon case attracted way too much dust. The barely there case was just that, barely there, provided very very minimal bulk and protected the back camera lens well. Not much protection if you drop your phone though but this was perfect for me and the clear winner.

Zagg has amazing toughness but there is a tradeoff for the touch screen experience, its a little too tacky and your fingers do not glide smoothly across the screen. Stienhiel anti fingerprint was great for eliminating fingerprints but that too came with a tradeoff, the screen was slightly blurry with it on. clarivue was good and does not take away from the touch screen experience at all. If it werent for the front camera and proximity sensor cutouts you couldn't tell it was there. It is scratchable though, as I put the phone in my golf bag and the protector got scratched. No big deal because they come with 2. Stienhiel ultra clear was similar to clarivue but with no cutouts for the camera or proximity sensor. very high quality and does not take away from the front camera quality or touch screen at all. It also comes with 2 protectors. for my needs this was my clear winner.

In the end the perfect combination for my needs (keeping the phone as close to naked while still protecting from scratches and kinks) was the case mate barely there and the stienhiel ultra clear screen protector.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

hankbear is keeping up the good workhankbear is keeping up the good work
Re: 3 cases, 4 screen protectors. My winner is..

How are fingerprints with the Stienhiel Ultra Clear? Also, how good are the corners and edges about staying down? I have an XOSkins screen protector that is pretty good about not showing them, but the corners are coming up from the TPU cases I've been using.

Thanks!!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

gaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good work

Fingerprints are definitely prevalent with the ultra clear screen protector but not any more than an average clear screen protector. My clarivue was the same way. They are noticeable with the screen turned off but not really once you turn it on, they also wipe away pretty easily. Hasn't been an issue for me. As far as the corners coming up I haven't noticed any of that yet. I guess it might be too early to tell but so far so good.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo
Carrier: Sprint PCS

error4o4 is a n00b

Suprisingly my favorites out of the bunches I've tried were the ones that radioshack sells.

5 pack of cut your own for 11.99

They are super high quality for durability, clear as one would ever need. Fingerprints come off easily, and they last forever.

My last 3 phones have now used these things. On my TP2 I never once even needed to replace it in 2 years of ownership.

The brand is Writeshield Writerites or something along that nature. Blue and black package.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:11 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

I've tried those in the 5 pack from Radioshack, and while they do protect your screen, they scratch so easily that your screen is barely legible after 2 weeks. A Zagg or Clear Protector screen protector last for years without a single scratch on the screen protector. I have found that if there is more than 1 screen protector in the pack then normally it is junk and they know it will scratch easily. The 2 companies that I mentioned give you 1 and if it ever scratches or peel up then they replace it for free for as long as you have that device.

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:05 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
I've tried those in the 5 pack from Radioshack, and while they do protect your screen, they scratch so easily that your screen is barely legible after 2 weeks. A Zagg or Clear Protector screen protector last for years without a single scratch on the screen protector. I have found that if there is more than 1 screen protector in the pack then normally it is junk and they know it will scratch easily. The 2 companies that I mentioned give you 1 and if it ever scratches or peel up then they replace it for free for as long as you have that device.
Radioshack now also offers a higher-end line of cut your owns as well, made by point mobile. They come in clear and mirror finish. I'm rocking the mirror finish right now and, while it is by far the highest quality screen protector i've ever used, the mirror noticeably impairs the screen in terms of brightness and color. Not a deal breaker, but i can see that being a turn off for some people. It does look bad ass as hell when the screen is off, though.

Sponsored by Kools.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories