PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Innocase II - Rugged Add-on!

Not sure if this has been posted... Seideo has release and add-on to the Innocase II. If you previously ordered the Innocase II, this maybe the option for you. For $19.95 it's not a bad deal.

Basically, with this add-on you'll have your Evo wrapped in the Innocase II, then by the rubber case from the Rugged design and then topped off with the skeleton. TRIPLE PROTECTION! For the 20 buck you also get the holster.

Not a bad deal!!! They start shipping on the 26th.

Here's the link to Seidio:
http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bd2-hk4hev4.htm

Update: Looks like they are shipping out orders so no wait for the 26th...

Last edited by D\/8; 07-19-2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: ETA on shipping updated...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

r.mauldin is becoming a great contributor
Re: Innocase II - Rugged Add-on!

thanks, just ordered mine.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

To me, it sounds as though they realized the original case would not protect the device so they are offering (for a price, gotta' love those ripoff artists at Seidio) a "skeleton" on TOP of the case. Oh, and they'll throw in a holster to placate any peeved customers who bought the original case?

i don't get it. Why not just incorporate the "skeleton" into the original case in the first place?
Old 07-20-2010, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G
Carrier: sprint

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have the original they sold through best buy as the platinum series with holster and it works fine. However I have worked in some rougher environments where I did not want to take the phone and have had the regular case get caught and unlatch in tight places. I have had the phone drop in places like that twice with no damage to the phone BUT I would like the extra protection and the stronger holster for those places. If you don't like don't buy. I never thought the case or holster was for an industrial setting I mean common sense goes a long way!
Old 07-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff

You can also purchase the complete case with the skeleton from Amazon for $40 + free shipping.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Wow $40, for a case. I bought a clear hard case and took off the battery cover and now I have this cool red back on my phone. I can attest for the durability of the hard case, dropped the device twice and both times the case took the hit and the device was fine.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:32 AM
N00b

Norwester05 is just getting started

I got my Add On Kit Monday and appreciate the extra protection for the camera plus the flaps do a nice job of keeping dust out of the charging port/ HDMI input and jack areas. I've got the Active LTD case also and its considerably easier to activate the power button with the Rugged version. The only con IMO is that the exo skeleton isn't rubberized but has a plastic surface. Also if you use the kick stand,its not accessible with the Rugged case on. Neither are deal breakers as far as I'm concerned,the Rugged case is perfect for me for work carry.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G
Carrier: sprint

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

How long did it take for you to receive it?
Old 07-22-2010, 04:26 PM
N00b

Norwester05 is just getting started

I ordered on the 15th,it shipped the 16th and I received it on the 19th. That was from Texas to Oregon.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS
Threadstarter

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ordered on the 19th and just got mine today... Not happy with the quality of this case... It's definitely not what I'm use to seeing from Seidio...

Thankfully I purchased this for parts to make a mount... Had I bought this to use as a case, I would have probably returned it... Luckily, it is going to work out just as I had anticipated... If all goes well I'll post some instructions and pics...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories