PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

DrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good workDrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via MSN to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via Yahoo to DrUnKeN_TiGeR
rubber case screen not responsive

so i got a rubber case from ebay and the evo seems to work with out it plugged in fine but if its plugged in it seems like the screen is not responsive anyone else experienced this?

Old 07-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: rubber case screen not responsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUnKeN_TiGeR View Post
so i got a rubber case from ebay and the evo seems to work with out it plugged in fine but if its plugged in it seems like the screen is not responsive anyone else experienced this?
I am confused, what does the rubber case have to do with the evo being plugged in or not plugged in.

Last edited by themuffinman; 07-14-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

DrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good workDrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via MSN to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via Yahoo to DrUnKeN_TiGeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
I am confused
if the phone is plugged into the charger and in the rubberized case the screen isnt responsive however if it is unplugged and in the rubberized case and unplugged it works just fine
Old 07-14-2010, 08:28 PM

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
if the phone is plugged into the charger and in the rubberized case the screen isnt responsive however if it is unplugged and in the rubberized case and unplugged it works just fine
Ok I understand, so when the phone is in the case the screen is unresponsive and when its not it works fine. Might be a grounding issue, have you updated to the latest ota update?
Old 07-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Ok I understand, so when the phone is in the case the screen is unresponsive and when its not it works fine. Might be a grounding issue, have you updated to the latest ota update?
no it works fine in the case when its not plugged into the charger however if it is in the charger then it doesnt respond i havent done the ota update cause i want to keep root and i figured it was a grounding issue
Old 07-14-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
no it works fine in the case when its not plugged into the charger however if it is in the charger then it doesnt respond i havent done the ota update cause i want to keep root and i figured it was a grounding issue
LOL, ok I got it now. I never heard of this specific issue before but yeah it sounds like a grounding issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JAAS is becoming a great contributor

Are you using a cheap charger by any chance?

Take it off the case and plug it.. does it does the same thing?

Happened to me when I bought a cheap charger at a gas station.

Evo is extremely picky for charger/usb cables.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAS View Post
Are you using a cheap charger by any chance?

Take it off the case and plug it.. does it does the same thing?

Happened to me when I bought a cheap charger at a gas station.

Evo is extremely picky for charger/usb cables.
LMAO, its not the charger he is having problems with.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JAAS is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
LMAO, its not the charger he is having problems with.
I did have that same problem he describes and it WAS due to the charger. Just to confirm with him; when this happens the only thing that works is the power button and that's it, he can't even slide down the lock as the screen is completely unresponsive.

If you unplugg it everything returns to normal.

If you read what has been posted the problem happens only when plugged. I don't suspect the case since mine has a SEIDIO Rugged case and it works pluggged or not. If I switch to the cheap charger it instantly does what Drunken is describing.

That's why I suggested him to take the phone off the cover and try plugging it. If it still does it then it's the charger. (do this even if you have the charger that came with the phone, as enough bending of this cable will break individual conductors inside; that's why I had to buy another one)
Old 07-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUnKeN_TiGeR
Quote:
I think what he is trying to say is that with his Evo in the rubber case while charging the screen doesn't respond...while still with the case on and he unplugs the phone all the sudden the screen becomes responsive again. Just fyi the rubber case has nothing to do with your issue...others have had the same problem as you...best case is to search the forums for your issue to see if anyone has found a fix...if this is already answered in this post..sorry ahead of time...im replying from my phone.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories