PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

slow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2 batteries & external charger for $10!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1968wt_1138

received this in the mail yesterday!
I took one of the batteries that it came with and put it into the charger, it only took about 2-3 hours to charge.
It is in my phone now and seems to be just like the stock one.
One the outside of these it says "spare HTC Touch Pro 2 battery", these are the exact same mAh (1500) as the TP2's, so there shouldn't be any issues.

The charger nor battery got hot when it was done charging.
While charging there is a purple-ish light that is on, then when it's done that light turns green.

you will notice the batteries are different, The red one is the stock htc evo battery and the white/black one of the 2 that I bought.

charging:

done charging:

charging unit, notice it isn't 1A, so it takes just a tad longer than the stock charger but no biggie!:

Last edited by slow4g63; 06-24-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: added pictures
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

slow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: 2 batteries & external charger for $10!

*I forgot to add...
I put a fully charged battery into my phone last night (one of these around 11pm) before bed and didn't connect it to the charger last night.
As of right now there's around 75% battery (which I've used the 3g and I've been texting all morning)

up time: 12:35:21
awake time 3:27:04
Old 06-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tmm2279 is a n00b

I received mine yesterday. They were shipped from Hong Kong and only took about a week to get to Rhode Island. I charged both batteries and they both stayed cool the entire time charging. I put one in my phone and it works great. Great deal for 10 bucks!
Old 06-23-2010, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yup!!
Now I need to invest in some good micro usb cables! The micro to mini adapters I have don't work and the 2 cheap micro usb cables I have will charge for like 2 seconds then quit!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

dahray02 is keeping up the good workdahray02 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dahray02 Send a message via Yahoo to dahray02

good shit i'm gonna order
Old 06-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian

they say 1500 mAh, but how much power do you really get out of it? batteryboss.org did some testing and some get 800 mAh to 1250 mAh. i was thinking of getting just the charger for ~$5 to use with my spare TP2 battery.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

I just got them in the mail yesterday, took about a week to get here. I've been hearing that they are not 1500 mAh as well, but even if they're not, $10 is a great price for 2 batteries and a wall charger. Will do some testing and see how long this batteries last compare to my stock EvO battery.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have only used 1 of the batteries so far and it lasted just as long as my stock evo battery!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

I bought this from honk kong as well, just got mine yesterday too, took 17 days, which is with his 14-21day given time frame... i'm pretty sure charging just the battery is much better than using a usb cable with it to charge the one in the phone.

if i remember correctly, this is 4.2V and the stock EVO one is 5v... i think 1A also as apposed to the .8A this charger puts out.

IMO the 5V 1A from HTC is because the phone is a powerhouse and need the extra push-power. But if you are just charging a battery with this, then all should be well.

Basically, if you're looking to get a quick charge on the battery IN the phone, this is not the USB charger you want. But its a BEUATY for my spare batteries now LOVIN THE BRIGHT CHARGING LIGHTS!

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Got the same deal. Cannot be beat. Batteries seem to last just as long as the original battery.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories