PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rocketfish Silicone/Gel Case *Thumbs Up*

Yea, so im very VERY picky about what i put on my phone.. it needs to protect, it needs to have grip, it needs to be simple with no crazy designed and logos, it needs to be very low profile.

I came across the rocketfish gel/silicone case/skin for the EVO.
Best buy, $20. Heckuva lot cheaper than the other options out there.
Slipped it on and its amazingly perfect for my tastes. Rocketfish had another type of skin, but it had diagonal edges in the corners, this doesnt.

Combined with my clarivue screen protector, i think my evo is well ready for ease of handling.
Since the clarivue screen protector leaves a small gap on both sides of the glass (clarivue needs to address this size cut issue), this silicone skin covers that up which is great.

PROS: Low profile, good grip, no crazy designs and colors/logos, snug fit, protects the camera. Not a hassle to take off.

CONS: The power button and volume buttons are actually covered by the gel, so its very hard to press and get response from the buttons, my idea and suggestion would be to use an xacto knife and trim it out myself. Im pretty good with an xacto so this should be a nice touchup. Glossy silicone which will show scratches and wear. Matte flat wouldve been better for the rear.

Last edited by Torx; 06-19-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Rocketfish Silicone/Gel Case *Thumbs Up*

could you post a link please?
Old 06-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Nevermind, found it:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfi...ries&cp=1&lp=6
Old 06-20-2010, 12:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Does this protector come in different colors?
Old 06-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

i only saw black in this model, the matte finish rocketfish skins with the diagnals in the corners were different colors, red and purple i think i remember.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evolte

grad20_09 is becoming a great contributor

i bought the black matte rocketfish with the diagnol corners, i took it off because it kept grabbing my pocket taking it out and putting it back in, kind of annoying. but as far as snugly fitting the device, and protecting it A+. I stuck with the re-branded seido hard case. I dropped my phone yesterday on a brick front porch, thank goodness for the screen protector and the hard case- no scratches.. wheww..
Old 06-22-2010, 11:39 AM
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've seen something similar on other phones and it looks nice, wish they had translucent colored ones though..
Old 06-22-2010, 02:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

they also come in blue and red in my area...
Old 06-22-2010, 07:08 PM
VIP Member

I went to BB they didn't have any so I went to another one and bought it. Without trying it out before buying. In the car I installed it.

Here is my opinion;

Initial impression, was it's nice but not as snug as I would have liked. Then I wanted to turn my phone on, pressing wouldn't work, pressing harder wouldn't work, so I had to use my nail into the covered power button area to click it on. Same with the volume.

It looks nice, finish is cool. I didn't like the raised bezel, made it feel like a Mogul (6800). It also added bulk, because the edges weren't sloped in the same angle as the EVO's back.

Drove back to the first place that didn't have any and returned it.

Nice, but not for me, waiting on the Otterbox, or something like it..

-CC

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-23-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

looks good, but that sucks it covers power and volume buttons... i use those a lot and i don't really care to cut my own holes.

how does this compare to the silicone case from the sprint store?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories