PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 05:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

lokalori is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
is there a tripod that would work for the evo

Does anyone know of a tripod that would be able to hold the evo? It would be nice for video. Also I find it pointless that the evo has a camera timer function if you can't set it on a tripod

-Loki
Old 06-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: is there a tripod that would work for the evo

But it does have a kickstand you could use, I know not a tripod but just saying.......

Old 06-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

If you're using the front facing camera, the kickstand is great, but if you want to shoot vids with the rear camera, the kickstand is useless since all you would see is the table the phone was sitting on... lol

Edit: Here's a cheap one I found w/ a quick google search... not sure how well or even if it would work w/ the EVO, but might be what you're looking for... http://bit.ly/90JVFt

Last edited by abrigham; 06-17-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was wondering about a solution to this for you. I thought, humm could you some how add a strip of velcro to the battery cover and have the opposite velcro on some generic tripod?

I know, messy and not very pro looking solution.. hehe

EDIT: Found two similar to the above post here too http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.34564, http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14132

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-18-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:15 PM
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Lol a quick look at my favorite cheap gadget site came up with this doohicky.. Even though the photos / videos would be recorded upside down.. haha

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3141

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-18-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:24 PM
VIP Member

Another options with a telescopic lens...

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29082
Old 06-18-2010, 03:41 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

lokalori is just getting started

wow DX has some pretty cool stuff. I think I might shell out $30 for this one http://joby.com/gorillamobile it's a bit more expensive, but looks pretty versatile, plus I can go pick it up at REI today and if I don't like it I have 30 days to return it. Then I can start a drunken cooking blog.

-Loki
Old 06-18-2010, 10:51 PM
VIP Member

They have those too, lol... $4.15 Free shipping, but don't know how you'd mount it..

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2332

Old 06-19-2010, 03:25 AM
Lurker

lanny is a n00b

You could also get one of the pieces from a car mount and glue it to one of those tripods. No mess on the phone.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories