PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

slow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Keep your old HTC Mini USB accessories

no, from amazon.
have you received the adapters yet??
Old 06-21-2010, 12:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile
Threadstarter

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow4g63 View Post
no, from amazon.
have you received the adapters yet??

Thing about dealextreme is that they literally "Ship" their products from Hong Kong, takes 2 weeks or more to get them. I will def. post a follow up once I get them.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i ordered a couople from newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812270232

works way better and now i can usb tether if i need too
Old 06-21-2010, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I bought 2 of these for $2.98 (a piece) w/free shipping:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

they didn't work. I tried with a charger and plugged into a computer. The evo recognizes a charging signal for about 2 seconds then quits charging it.

anyone know why??

According to the reviews, the ones you linked are hit and miss and not recommended; as they fail to work, short the phones and do not work with power adapters.

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-21-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Hex
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Hex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Hex Send a message via AIM to Hex Send a message via MSN to Hex Send a message via Yahoo to Hex
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo 4G : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I got mine at Radio Shack when I picked up my Evo and it works flawless with all my old HTC chargers (non extusb)
Old 06-22-2010, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: the mighty EVO

Fabulas is a n00b

good find!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

slow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I ordered 2 micro to regular usb cables and they will charge for 2-3 seconds then cut out.
It happens with all of my htc chargers (even the genuine htc evo charger)
Just like the adapters are doing...hmmmm
this is really weird!
Old 06-23-2010, 02:39 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
I ordered 2 micro to regular usb cables and they will charge for 2-3 seconds then cut out.
It happens with all of my htc chargers (even the genuine htc evo charger)
Just like the adapters are doing...hmmmm
this is really weird!
Off topic; but I ordered a few authentic Nokia cables from DealExtreme with my adapter order.

I also just ordered this one; http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=126309

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-28-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:27 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Ok I received my order today from DealExtreme, that included the mini usb to micro usb adapters and I confirmed so far they work with my existing (sony camera and htc touch pro) mini usb data cables for charging via usb and transferring data without a problem.

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-28-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:29 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Off topic; but I ordered a few authentic Nokia cables from DealExtreme with my adapter order.

I also just ordered this one; http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=126309
The "authentic nokia" data cables on the other hand react as others have stated with their generic cables. They make the initial connection but then disconnect..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories