PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 12:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Accessories for other devices that work with EVO

I am sure many of you are aware that accessories from other phones work with the EVO and we are not just limited to Sprint's selection (unless you like the logo or "matching").

I went into a Tmo, Verizon stores and found they have many compatible accessories at competing pricing.

Motorola micro USB data cable, wall and car chargers work.

Samsung micro USB accessories have been hit or miss YMMV.

They also have universal GPS mounts ranging from $15 to $30.

Compatible, replacement, extra batteries too.

Most of these accessories have a higher standard of quality than many of those generics you might find on the net, eBay and such, for just slightly more than what you would pay for knock offs.

Good options for those that like to shop at B&M, see and touch things, before they buy.

If you use any of these accessories, please share your experiences so that others may have options and opinions when looking for theirs.

-CC

EDIT: Listing some compatible charging accessories (please confirm before buying); HTC HD2, Motorola RAZR 2, HTC Droid Incredible (50% off online, Verizon branded chargers)

Looks like the Tmo HTC HD2 Gel skins fit as well.

Other charger/data cable (micro usb), according to Verizon's compatibility list;

BlackBerry® Bold™ 9650 smartphone, Tour™ 9630 smartphone

DROID INCREDIBLE DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC

LG Accolade™, Ally™, Fathom™, Chocolate®, Chocolate® Touch

Sharp KIN™ ONE, KIN™ TWO

Palm® Pixi™ Plus, Pre™ Plus

Nokia 2605 Mirage, 2705 Shade™, 6205, 7205 Intrigue with Pink Keypad

Samsung Omnia® II, Reality™

Motorola Adventure™ V750, Barrage™ Motorola Barrage™, MOTOROLA DEVOUR™, DROID

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-15-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO!!!
Carrier: sprint

Drac is becoming a great contributor
Re: Accessories for other devices that work with EVO

car charger for the palm pre (Model Number: 3453WW) works. has the correct output rating (5v 1a), removable usb to micro usb cable that allows syncing when hooked to a computer and was on clearance at radio shack for 10 bucks.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac View Post
car charger for the palm pre (Model Number: 3453WW) works. has the correct output rating (5v 1a), removable usb to micro usb cable that allows syncing when hooked to a computer and was on clearance at radio shack for 10 bucks.
Now that's what i'm talking about. Nice thanks, going to downtown right now for a delivery, will check out the ShaQ

-CC
Old 06-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Now that's what i'm talking about. Nice thanks, going to downtown right now for a delivery, will check out the ShaQ

-CC
Funny, I just scooped one up last night from BB... It's pretty slick... The Lighter plug is sleek and small compared to the bulky one I got from BB when the EVo released. The removable USB Cable is a plus too...

I might go pick-up another from the Shack to keep in my girls ride...
Old 06-15-2010, 09:12 PM
mobilemaniac

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Yeah, these Palm chargers are great for $10. They are also detected as AC chargers so they charge faster. The only downside I've found is the USB cables I got from Monoprice don't fit in the charger. The plastic around the connector is too thick.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

olimar814 is becoming a great contributor

check this hd2 car kit coverted to evo
http://htcpedia.com/news/htc-evo-4g-...self-made.html
Old 06-17-2010, 11:24 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

A quick look for micro USB items at Dealextreme, I found this for $2.50 free shipping and thought, man I can just use my old HTC accessories with this!

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.37664

EDIT: Was thinking even though I am posting these here on the EVO forums, these accessories are very useful for lots of the devices supported on PPCG.

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-17-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:26 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Anyone know if this Nokia cable works and what's the deal with that little box in the center?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23193

Old 06-17-2010, 02:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Wholly small batman! Mini USB to Micro USB adapter...

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.35005

Old 06-28-2010, 01:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

The "authentic nokia" data cables I just received from DealExtreme, similar to the photo but not exact as the posted, functioned as others have stated with their generic cables. They make the initial connection but then disconnect..

In other words, it did not work..

EDIT: tested working with Nexus One and BlackBerry phones

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-28-2010 at 02:51 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories